Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wanted Ads
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

There are times that I will look at some of the "wanted" ads as I am also looking for parts, maybe try to help a dubber out. I find that, more often than anything, these people either don't reply, want something BEYOND NOS, or really don't know what it is they're looking for. Recently, one person even told me that they had 3 coming in the mail and didn't need what I was offering. So, DELETE THE AD!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

What's your point?

You should expect this from "free" ads.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

I like all the "wtb split window bus" ones where they want to spend like $5,000. I'm like yeah no shit we all do.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
I like all the "wtb split window bus" ones where they want to spend like $5,000. I'm like yeah no shit we all do.

I'm sure there's one out there. Just don't expect to get much more than a rusted, banged up shell.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

First of all - thanks for trying to contact people with WTB ads.
As someone who has run some WTB ads in the past and found parts that I thought might be hard to find, I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too.

Your "ad should be deleted" complaint is a common one with For Sale ads so I am not surprised this is an issue with WTB ads too.

Quote:
one person even told me that they had 3 coming in the mail and didn't need what I was offering

This seem foolish of that buyer, I would have either:
1. Stated I had just found one and would get back to you if it was not what I needed
2. Bought yours too (More likely with me)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

I have had good results with the WTB ads. I've bought plenty of things not listed in the classifieds through that method.

I think overall the flake factor has been low for me in buying and selling from The Samba classifieds. I've run across a lot of GREAT sellers who I check with now when I'm looking for an obscure part.

I wish more people would use the classifieds as it would encourage more people to list their unneeded parts and earn a few extra bucks while helping other VW owners find what they need.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted Ads Reply with quote

Why should you expect it from free ads?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: