Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westy@7000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado Reply with quote

I just got home from spending several hours at Arnold's buying a bunch of parts for my new split. Most of the time was spent with Arnold showning me all of his cool shit. What a great guy and he has an amazing parts stash.
A great resource for sure.
Thanks Arnold.

Older email:
[email protected]
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Great experience with Oldarnold (Ron Blattel). Reply with quote

I bought a bus from Arnold, based solely on pictures and his verbal description. The bus showed up at my house in as good or better conditions than he had described it to be. I had a great experience dealing with him.

Chris Baucom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squagle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a bus from Arnold and paid him for a premium restoration. He missed delivery date by 4 months. The outside of the bus looked almost perfect upon delivery but has multiple mechanical issues. Bus was delivered with over an inch of sludge (and a mouse and about a foot of hose (really)) in the gas tank so we had to pull the engine as soon as we got the bus home. Also had a Bad drag link and generator brush in addition to multiple interior parts (SO42) that were missing or incorrect.

Overall he seems like a good enough guy and he explained that it was a subcontractor (who he fired) that was responsible for the poor work. Either way he still delivered bus and expected full payment.

I'd rate him a middle C. I wouldn't use him for a restoration again but with a vast collection of parts (sure wish I could get those missing interior parts....) and extensive vw knowledge I would not shy other people away from him but I also wouldn't recommend him to a friend.
kevin lapage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado Reply with quote

i like ron,sold me the 81 ac westy,delivered it for $0. 850 miles to eastern nebraska , nice fella,very satisfied. Very Happy
VW-Jay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado Reply with quote

"had a deal on a vw bus, wire was in process. He decided to sell it to someone else instead, and it is now online again by the new owner. I had to cancel the wire transfer "

That's not the way doing business
Don Willaert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado Reply with quote

Sad to say ! Put 500 deposit and no bus, no 500 back and no Ronald. Not reliable !!!!!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oldarnold - [email protected] - Walsenburg, Colorado Reply with quote

Don Willaert wrote:
Sad to say ! Put 500 deposit and no bus, no 500 back and no Ronald. Not reliable !!!!!

Is there more to the story?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: