Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Portland Oregon Area is Happening!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

getset wrote:
I'll be joining you all in May 12-14. Just sent you a pm. Recently relocated back to the PNW and driving down from Oly. I grew up outside Portland, but never visited Silver Falls as a kid. Enjoying being reacquainted with the area.

Cheers-

Getset, sounds good. How many folks in your party?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
getset
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Head count is 2. Mr and Mrs Getset. Plus an old dog who objects to doing anything other than sleeping on the bench seat. Looking forward to it.

Cheers.

Bikes, KTM motorcycles, sailboats, and busted knuckles.
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

getset wrote:
Head count is 2. Mr and Mrs Getset. Plus an old dog who objects to doing anything other than sleeping on the bench seat. Looking forward to it.

Cheers.

get set, thanks for the notice, you are in, looking forward to meeting you.

-CJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Anyone around Portland looking to sell a set of steel bumpers?

Prefer Gowesty steel bumpers and GW bumper related accessories but brands as well.

Also looking for 15" or 16" steelies.

Thanks.
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Hey Portland Peeps,

Anyone else want in on this Silver Falls campout before I post it to the PDX VW Facebook page?
WestleyTheWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Hey John,

We'd both love to go again, it would be great to see everyone! Two please, I'll DM ya, too. Very Happy

climberjohn wrote:
Hey Portland Peeps,

Anyone else want in on this Silver Falls campout before I post it to the PDX VW Facebook page?

kwilk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

put me in for sat eve
Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Anyone in the PDX area have a Kennedy stage 2 pressure plate?

we'll take a good used one if you don't have a new one. Need it for the Polizei race van. We're racing next weekend.

Thanks! any leads would be good also. My back up plan is to get Kennedy to overnight one on Monday, but I thought I'd give this a shot.

Thanks!
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Anyone have 15" steel wheels they'd like to sell or trade for 16"? 5 wheels would be great.

Thanks
guggenheim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

I recently picked up a Westfalia that has a front Big Brake Kit installed but don't know who's kit it is. I need to buy new rotors and pads but don't know which distributor to order from. Anyone with a GoWesty or VanCafe Kit that I can take a glance at? Just a glimpse, no disassembly or anything.

It's not from SmallCar, Mao took a look and he said it wasn't from them.

Thanks VW community!
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Just a shout out for ClimberJohn for once against hosting the Silver Falls campout and all his efforts.

This was a tough one because of the record breaking wet spring, the chill, and someone left the bathtub water running so we couldn't shake the rain squalls.

As a result we had a number of cancellations, no-shows and late bailers including myself with perhaps 13 or 14 rigs total with a few of those not camping but just hanging for a while.

Nevertheless I have no regrets and enjoy seeing old friends and meeting some new folks. It was also good to get a little woodsy again.

Thanks again John and hopefully next year we'll have some great weather and back to a full house.
erikgundy98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Anyone in PDX (or Vancouver) want to plan a Westy / Vanagon ice cream social at a good ice cream shop?
Teelinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Anyone headed from Portland to Seattle anytime soon?

If so, would you be up for picking up some seats for me on your way? I recently bought a pair in the Portland area and I'm trying to avoid doing a one off round trip to pick them up. I'm hoping to piggyback on a trip that someone was planning to make anyway.

I'll pay for gas for the trip up and a round of your favorite beverage.

Cheers, James

86 Syncro GL with Pop-top, Weekender and Subie conversion
73 BMW 2002
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8595592#8595592

hey you portlandia peeps! come join us! at least 1 portland vanagon owner already confirmed (kwilk)

syncros, plenty of mud to play in and a tractor to pull you out....come tear it up Cool

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

WestyBob wrote:
Just a shout out for ClimberJohn for once against hosting the Silver Falls campout and all his efforts.

This was a tough one because of the record breaking wet spring, the chill, and someone left the bathtub water running so we couldn't shake the rain squalls.

As a result we had a number of cancellations, no-shows and late bailers including myself with perhaps 13 or 14 rigs total with a few of those not camping but just hanging for a while.

Nevertheless I have no regrets and enjoy seeing old friends and meeting some new folks. It was also good to get a little woodsy again.

Thanks again John and hopefully next year we'll have some great weather and back to a full house.

Heyo Bob,

Appreciate the kind words. We're doing it again in 2018, this time more in June with hopefully drier weather. Please reserve June 8-9-10 for Silver Falls camp out 2018, and as before, send me a PM via the Samba to reserve your spot.

_CJ
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

8th Annual Samba Portland Peeps VW Campout
Silver Falls State Park
Fri-Sat-Sun [b]June 8-9-10, 2018

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(Note - the below is mostly a copy/paste from page 35 of this thread.)

Join some of your fellow Sambanistas in a weekend campout at beautiful Silver Falls State Park near Silverton, OR. Silver Falls is the largest state park in Oregon, with magnificent waterfalls, nice hiking, and fairly close (about 1 hour) from Portland.

The group campsite “B” is reserved just for us, one of the nicest group sites you’ll find anywhere.
It’s a large open grass field, ringed by a gravel road, surrounded with tall trees and, my favorite feature, far removed from other campers.
It’s a few minutes to walk to the scenic falls loop trail, and about a 15 minute walk to the stunning North Falls.

Important stuff:

- Dates: Fri afternoon through Sun morning. Check in is officially after 4:00pm Friday, but you can set up earlier then that.

- Cost: $10 per van per night. I have prepaid for the site; please pay me your share when you arrive.

- Please bring: firewood, your preferred beverages, frisbee/soccer ball/volleyball net, camp chairs, musical instruments if you are so inclined, Sat night potluck contribution, and maybe a few large canopies in case of soggy weather.

- If you want to go: Simply PM me via the Samba (climberjohn) or Facebook message (John Godino) and tell me you’re in. I’ll collect payment at camp, no prepayment needed.

- There is a limit of 25 vehicles and/or 50 people total. Campers are welcome on a first-call, first-served basis. We will reach the limit. An early response will ensure your spot, while if you wait you will miss out. Campers staying for both nights (or who offer to pay for both) get priority over those who can only make one.

- Please be sure you can make it before you ask for a spot. If you want to cancel, let me know pronto so I can open your place to someone else.

- Join in on the Sat night potluck, start time about 6:00pm.

Small print:

- Tent campers are welcome, even though it’s an “RV” site. (Oregon state parks classify Westies as “RVs”. As long as we have just four Westies/RVs in the site, then anyone else can tent camp.)

- There are no RV hookups (power or water) at this site.

- This is not a Westy-only event, any flavor of VW is welcome.

- This is not a Wetwesties event, although Wetwesties folks are welcome to come if they hear about it on the Samba; see their site at www.wetwesties.org

- If you have a well behaved, minimally barking, kid-friendly dog, you may bring it. Leashes are required when on trails.

- Kids are welcome, bring your rascals if you like. The camp area is very kid friendly.

- Once you pay for camping you’ll get a day use pass, so there is no need to pay for one separately.

- Might want to bring the mountain bike, as there are some sweet new mt bike trails in the park. I hope to go riding.

- Brochure for the park; we’ll camp at “North Falls group camp”: (Oregon state parks changes their website and breaks links all the time. Google "Silver Falls Oregon PDF map".

- When driving, it's best to approach the park via Silverton. Turn off to the North Falls group camp area is about 3 miles away from the main camping area near the South Falls. (If you get to the South Falls area, you have gone about 3 miles too far.)

44.8888, -122.6284 = latitude longitude coordinates of the turn off for the North Falls group camp area. Copy paste these into Google maps to get a map and exact driving directions to the turn off. Some people seem to get lost coming to this almost every year, so please pay attention to the driving directions.

This will be a fun weekend of camping and getting to know our fellow VW pals, so I hope you can make it! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

See you outside,
Climberjohn
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Wowzer, does anyone read this thread anymore?
I have more spots open at my campout.
Let me know if you want to come via PM.

-CJ
jeffsab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

climberjohn wrote:

I'm reading it. Just don't have an engine in my van yet!
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

climberjohn wrote:
I have more spots open at my campout.
Let me know if you want to come via PM.

-CJ

Looks like fun!

Is it verboten to cross-post this to the Seattle and Olympia threads? My guess is that some WA state folks may be interested (if you’ll have us Very Happy ).

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=657640&start=0

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
mankowski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Portland Oregon Area is Happening! Reply with quote

Just seeing this for the first time and it sounds great! There is also a west coast regional gathering for Porsche 914's in Forest Grove that same weekend, so I guess I have the great fortune of getting to decide which gathering to join! Thanks for organizing!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: