Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine size???
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Wayne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine size??? Reply with quote

I have a street fiberglass buggy, and have had several engine combos. Here is my take.
1600 with stock heads and a well set up Weber progressive was adequate.
I went with a 1915(94x69) and an Engle 110 cam, MOFOCO 042 heads(40x35) Weber carb was much better, but I was afraid of the crank.
I tore it down again, built a mild stroker (76x94) and upped the cam to an Engle 120 and again gained huge torque and power.
I finally added a set of Empi 40 carbs...... WOW!!

If I had to do it again, and money was the object..... 94 pistons, forged stock stroke crank, 40x35 heads, and dual 40 carbs, with a cam good to 5500. Keep the compression ratio in line with the cam you choose. With the stock stroke, things go together easy, factory rods are ok to 5500, the size combo,1915 provides plenty of torque, and the carbs make it all work.
I would also follow the other advice of getting it up and running before taking the engine on as a project. Work out the bugs, then add power.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: