Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 5 Joe - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Type 5 Joe
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

Yes your right. Advertises on Craigslist. Says hear can hear his phone. Joe Tom who ever. I have spoken to the Attorney Generals office and they said I can contact a repo company for not a lot of money and they have pretty good results.
I am trying to arrange a trip to Portland to see a client and I think it will be worth my while to take a drive to Redmond.
I dont understand way someone takes on a project, collects the money and eventually delivers. How can you expect people to give you work.
I think he is must have some real problems.
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Allen Joel Timberman Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I thought I would pass this on.
Attorney Generalís Consumer Hotline at (877) 877-9392
http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/Pages/index.aspx

oregonattorneygeneral.gov/consumer
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

Well here we are almost one month since the last reply from (Friends call me Joe)

Last reply.

Hi Bic,

My stay dealing with some family issues has taken longer than I expected.

I will be back early next week to ship your stuff.

- Joe

I know that he is back, I know someone that spoke to on the phone about one of his Craigslist posts.

Last week I gave him the option of me sending him a prepaid USPS label so he could ship my carbs back, repaired or not. I dont think he has the funds to do it on his own.
I have not heard a word.

If anyone does business with this guy they has to be insane.
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I just heard from Joe.
He said I will have a tracking Number in a couple of hours.
Maybe I was wrong?
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

HI All
I finally got my carbs and I have to say that the quality of the work I received is very nice. Great attention to detail and all first class.
It took a while but the final results were very nice quality.
Bic
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I have not gotten my carbs back and have not gotten any shipping information. He keeps promising but does not ship. Very Frustrating.
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: type 5 Joe Reply with quote

It is December 27, 2012 and Joe still has my pair of Dellorto IDF 40's and $516 of my money. In July he was supposed to rebuild them and send them back. He has not sent them back even after many e-mails and many promises by him. I'm out about $1,000. Several times I have informed Everett Barnes (TheSamba) of this lack of performance and am disappointed the Joe is still allowed to advertise on TheSamba. No one should do business with Joe. He is very unreliable and you are likely to lose your money.
Type 5 Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I tried contacting you a long time ago to get these carbs shipped back to you.

P.M. me or email me your address and they will get shipped to you ASAP.
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: dellorto 40 DRLA's rebuilding Reply with quote

If you have read all the feedback you know that I sent Joe my Dellortos and money to rebuild them and did not get them back. This week he shipped me two brand new Dellortos and an apology for the long delay.
graveshaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Rebuilt kadrons Reply with quote

Joe rebuilt my Kadrons including a re bushing. Joe's work is simply amazing! My Kadrons came back looking brand new and performs even better. Joe walked me through dialing in my kadrons and gave me excellent advice as to making my carbs perform better. I used and applied all his advice and now my sand rail is running amazing. I'm new to air cooled carbed engines and would highly recommend using Joe for any carb rebuilds.

Thanks Joe
Kneco Uqdah
kubelguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: dellorto drla 45 Reply with quote

I just bought a set of Dellorto drla 45's . These are the cleanest set of Dells I have ever scene. Thanks for this rare set of fine equipment Joe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Type 5 Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem, I'm glad you like them....

Those carbs are very nice, but about average condition for most of the rebuilt Dellortos I produce.

31 years doing machine work and Performance!
Air Cooleds Only
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe helped me complete a set of Dellortos . He's always helpful and ships quickly. Thanks Joe !!!
Chris
Air Cooleds Only
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got the 36mm dell auxiliary venturis today, Thanks, Joe!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: