Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

930 - [email protected] - Jarno Lahti
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 930
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 28, 2016
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: 930 - [email protected] - Jarno Lahti Reply with quote

I want to warn others when they try to buy parts from Jarno Lahti in Finland. He shipped me several 25hp parts in the same box with just plastic stretch wrap wrapped around them. The box contained two 25hp engine heads, a pair of luggage rails, and a split 25hp generator and D voltage regulator. The parts rolled around inside the box and must have hit each other. The box was also not handled well by the postal service because the end was torn off and the parts were falling out when the post office delivered it to my house. The heads arrived with broken fins and they also had a crack at the valves (I was told the heads were crack free). After mega e-mails back and fourth with Jarno the seller will not refund the money to me for the damaged heads. He did not take out adequate insurance, he didn't package them well, the US post office said they would deny the claim due to packaging, but the Finland Post office is saying the claim was denied because I didn't do my part. That is crazy because I took the box to the post office and showed them and they said the seller has to file the claim. I am now out $400. Just wrong! Tim
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 930 - [email protected] - Jarno Lahti Reply with quote

This is what the box looked like when they dropped it off at my house. The parts were hitting each other inside the box and the box tore from poor handling and the weight that was inside.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and the 25hp head were cracked between the valves (I was never told that) and the fins were broken from shipping damage. I am out the money because he will not refund my money

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: