Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High low beam relay
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
heb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: High low beam relay Reply with quote

Hello all I have a 66 Square I am restoring right now and I am currently redoing all the electrical under the dash because the PO had there own idea as to how things should have been wired. Any how I was wondering if anybody knows what relay handles the high low beam. That is the last part I need to get working. Could it be the switch itself that is built into the turn signal?? Thanks for any help.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the turn signal relay, the black box under the dash. The switch on the turn signal arm just causes a switch to flip back and forth inside the relay
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Everett that is awesome. Now another question my 66 has a blue relay switch box. Will that make a difference.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, I think I was wrong. Looking at the Type 3 wiring diagrams, there is a separate high/low relay for the headlights

It works the same though.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a common problem for the switch not to work on these? Is there another fix for this.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wires inside the T/S arm do break ocasionally. Right where they flex when the T/S are used.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cool blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: High low beam relay Reply with quote

similar prob... my blue light is on in the dash, indicating "high beams"
so i guess my low beams are not working, did the filament burn out in the bulbs,?then the previous owner replaced the yellow fuses? also: when i turn on my hazards, the relay buzzes, and no lights are flashing outside the car...still pluginn
stonecoldcars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: High low beam relay Reply with quote

My high/lows were not working on mine. Turned out to be the turn signal switch itself. The little contact points plastic arms had broken.
cool blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: High low beam relay Reply with quote

hmm, in realized after i ordered a new headlight switch, the numbers don't match. e.g; 58b is not 58b... its some other #

i gotta contact cIP1 in the morn.

hey, i saw your ride u got from Arizona. nice, are those Hellas u have for front lights ?
stonecoldcars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: High low beam relay Reply with quote

cool blue wrote:
hmm, in realized after i ordered a new headlight switch, the numbers don't match. e.g; 58b is not 58b... its some other #

i gotta contact cIP1 in the morn.

hey, i saw your ride u got from Arizona. nice, are those Hellas u have for front lights ?

My amber front fogs? they are old Unity lamps that I inherited from my grandfather who ran them on his 53 Buick way back. They were 6v clear lamps. I found some later amber 12v's and installed them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: