Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

I had a couple people PM me about these brackets after I posted a picture of my lights mounted with them. I was lucky enough to find someone in the UK selling a set of brackets they had purchased and never used. If you can find someone to buy and ship them to you, they are available new from Brickwerks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/t3-parts/electrical/lighting/t3-spot-fog-lamp-brackets-grp-bumpers.html

I installed the brackets in the same position the metal bumper brackets would go (the 3 pre-drilled holes in the bumper).

Here they are mounted before putting the bumper back on.

I got a wiring kit from Jason Brown.
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonheadlightrelays/

Installed, fuse, relay and ran wiring to the lights through the large holes in the bumper next to the 3 small holes.

Ran the wires from the fuse block all the way inside the lights to protect from the elements, locally grounded to the brackets. Picked up the light guards to replace the covers so I don't have to worry about anyone accidentally turning them on with the covers and overheating them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

The fog lamp installation looks good using those brackets.

When are you going to remove the plastic bumper cover again and take care of that rusty apron panel before it rots all the way through, or climbs up the front header panel?

The toys look great, reality should have been dealt with first before the rust gets worse.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Those brackets look really nice. I mounted Hella 500 driving lights directly on the fiberglass bumper cover using very large washers from a cable spool I dismantled. The lights are surprisingly stable, even on rough terrain.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Nicely done. What are you using for a switch? If not a Factory fog light switch did you use an indicator light?
I have a set of the factory brackets, but am too much of a Pussy to drill holes in my Tristar to mount anything.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

I had picked up a factory switch before they became NLA. The indicator light only comes on at the 2nd position for the rear fog light, which I have run the wiring for, but haven't decided where to mount it yet.

I consider these safety items here on the Gulf Coast where we have regular periods of thick sea fog roll in and reduce visibility severely. I went ahead and did these while I had the dash out so I could easily do the wiring correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Nice install! The front of that van looks great with the SA grills and fogs.

For anyone interested, I have one last set of those BW fog brackets in stock and will be getting more in a month or so.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Another source: https://www.tk-carparts.de/article/8116/Halter_SATZ_Kunststoffstostange_vorne_EDELSTAHL.html

but the BW one seems thicker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

I ordered T3's last set of brackets--thank you for the lightning fast shipping!

I know they're for fiberglass and not metal bumpers, but I figured OEM is OEM and I like the way they hug the front. You can tell in this photo that the steel bumper sits way lower than the fiberglass ones.

I do think these fogs look great in front of the SA lower grille.

I'm going to paint the brackets black so that they match better. Also I used an OEM switch from a pick-n-pull 944, as outlined in this extremely useful thread:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=440649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Here's two other do it yourself posts from a while back. Everything comes around again sooner or later.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=377713

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=395572

And a diagram for info:

Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:

For anyone interested, I have one last set of those BW fog brackets in stock and will be getting more in a month or so.

Any update on more brackets? Price?
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Bumper Fog Light Brackets Reply with quote

Timwhy wrote:
Christopher Schimke wrote:

Any update on more brackets? Price?

Sorry, can't do business on the forums, but if you want to shoot me an email, I can fill you in on the details.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: