Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sun shade recommendation
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

Hello,

Having recently moved to a sunny state (Colorado), it turns out need to invest into some sun shades to protect my dashboard and such.
I have found that after a quick search on Amazon and didn't find a particular topic on this forum.

Does anyone have recommendation for specific models of sun shades or will that one do ?

Thanks
e&m_ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

For the front windshield, we got a pair of these from Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Volkswagen-Classic-Bus-Magic-28.5x31.5-Sunshade-2-Piece/54561867
greenlaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

Good call on adding one to your van, especially with that strong CO sun. I haven't bought one for my EV yet, but I do have WeatherTech's sun shades for my sedan and wagon. Yeah, they're $50, but really nice and fit perfectly. I plan on getting one for the van before summer.

http://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2002/eurovan/techshade/
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400E
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations
The WeatherTech seems great quality, I just wish there were pictures of what it actually looks in the Eurovan

As for the Walmart one, my religion forbids me to shop there Laughing
greenlaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:
As for the Walmart one, my religion forbids me to shop there Laughing

Same here, I have never, nor will ever, spend a dime at Wal*Mart.

I just snapped a photo of the WeatherTech shade in my Mercedes 400E:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Being custom fit to the vehicle, it's a really snug fit - but I say that in a good way. The flip side is black, so if one lived in a state that had true winter conditions, you could flip it to bring more heat in the vehicle and to help defrost the windshield.

The only downsides is that it emits a very loud crinkly sound when it gets rolled up. And being rolled, it takes up a bit more space than the type that fold along pleats.
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400E
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sun shade recommendation Reply with quote

greenlaker wrote:

Being custom fit to the vehicle, it's a really snug fit - but I say that in a good way. The flip side is black, so if one lived in a state that had true winter conditions, you could flip it to bring more heat in the vehicle and to help defrost the windshield.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably order the Weather Tech soon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: