Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

65 kombi bring back help
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrmicrobits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Hey pine tops thanks man. I took a look at your 67 treasure you found and am blown away. Looks like we both are blessed and living right! Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Photos jrmicrobits asked me to post for him
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Those are good German components.
jrmicrobits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Just a quick update on the progress. I've got a new fuel tank installed and have completed the rebuild on the GRB's and rear brakes. Im also replacing all brake hard lines as im going. I'm almost finished building a new engine for the bus as I have decided to store the original engine. Next on the to do list is the front brakes and repaint the rims for new tires. I've taken pic of my work and will post when I can.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

That is one straight looking bus Exclamation BUT you should change the vanity plate so it dosn't give away your pin number Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

looking forward to your progress and plans- if you need camper windows PM me.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jrmicrobits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Thanks I was quite surprise at its condition once I got it home and cleaned up. There is very little rust and I only need to replace the outer rocker below the barn doors. Thanks for the concern on the vanity plate but that plate belonged to the PO and he kept it for his own personal memory and it was probably 30+ years old. I've purchased the replacement windows and all new gaskets for all windows but just haven't gotten around to installing them yet.
hoagy86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

killer find man looks like a great bus enjoy
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Good work, if you want to go back to "original" with that Mallory the best place to look for tune up parts is the classifieds on this site.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jrmicrobits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Hi everyone and merry Christmas! Just wanted to post a quick update on the bus. I have finished all brake work, flipped my spindles and lowered the rear spring plates.I have installed and ran the new engine I built for the bus and have stored the original engine for now. I've been replacing some of the window seals this last week and have completed tons of other stuff. After the holidays Ill be working on the interior and taking a test drive soon. I would post pictures of my progress but my crap phone doesn't resize the pictures.
jrmicrobits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Well I have finished all the mechanical work on the bus and have been driving it all over town for the last 2 1/2 months. I have taken it to 3 cruise nights and 2 club meetings. The engine is running great and the bus sure gets the attention!!!

junichi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Nice looking bus!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
imtb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: 65 kombi bring back help Reply with quote

Looks good. Nice color.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: