Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bob1 - [email protected] - Bob @ BBT
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: bob1
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
David
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: bob1 - [email protected] - Bob @ BBT Reply with quote

I had a very positive experience with buying from Bob from BBT.
The parts were as described, and arrived by USPS 9 days business days (Not including MLK Day) after shipping.

Something to keep in mind:
The time difference between your Time Zone and Belgium may delay the email exchange, so be patient Smile

I tried to locate a previous feedback thread on Bob, but couldn't find one.
If there is one, please point it out.

*October '54 Ragtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
qwerty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased numerous VWs from Bob (Schwimmwagen, SP2, low mileage 63 sedan, 58 Firebus, 69 Ambulance, Eriba Puck trailer) and he has shipped me multiple containers worth of parts over the years. His guys always do the proper paperwork and the container packing is very good - I have never had any damage or other difficulties. He is a VW enthusiast, and also a businessman who is very honest in my opinion.
Mark
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is some years ago now (8 mabey) i agree bob was top notch to deal with here is my story.

"When we purchased our car some years ago it was so loaded full of spare parts and junk that we did not realize that it only had a driver seat.We soon discovered that it was the wrong seat for the car.So thquest began for a pair of early front seats-55 i believe.If you ever tried to find these they are not the easiest to come by nor are they cheap.One day while surfing the web i just started to email various people with early cars to see if they had any seats,well low and behold i came in contact with a guy who had a pair of front seats problem was they were located in Belgium the mans name was Bob and his company was BBT.As luck would have my wife happened to have a convention in belgium(very rare) in a few weeks so Bob and i had a few emails back and forth and it was decided that he would make a run into town where my wife was staying to drop off the seats.Now i only had to break this to my wife,to say the least she was not thrilled with the idea of bringing a couple of large seats home with her.I finally cohersed,convinced begged for her to bring them home.

My wifes big problem was that they were going to be packed up and she was not bringing anything through customs without inspecting them first and she was going to be in a seminar all day.So another quick email to Bob and it was decided that she would leave the money at the front desk and the driver would leave the seats there as well.(sounded good to me)

My wife finally arrives at the hotel in Belgium and the next day goes to leave the money at the front desk and it goes something like this

Wife:Hi i would like to leave this envelope for a man named Bob he will be dropping off a large package for me

deskclerk: uhmm does this Bob have a last name?

Wife: i dont know his last name but he will be leaving something for me

deskclerk: uhm ok

As strange as this went it all worked out alright my wife came back from the seminar to find the clerk had two enourmous boxes.when the packages were brought up to the hotel room they took up half of the small room (good thing they were leaving the next day).Bob had left an extra roll of tape so my wife could open the boxes then be able to reseal them up.Getting the parcels home proved to be much easier than expected the cab driver was able to cram them into the cab alright and when checking into the airport her luggage was checked straight through to home and as a bonus they did not charge her for oversize luggage.I remember picking my wife up at the airport that night i was so excited when the sliding doors opened up all i could see were the two large boxes and my wife pushing the cart with this stupid grin on her face:)

Apparently when the packages came down the carasoul she had a little problem retrieving them and a nice man helped her.His response my god what are brining a car home?Pieces of one atleast my wife said."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a car from Bob last year and can say He and the rest of the BBT crew are all top notch, He went way beyond his call of duty to make sure that my visit to Europe was enjoyable and memorable. I can also say if there are any issues that come of a transaction from him He will again go way out of his way to make sure everything is good in the end. You can feel confident dealing with Bob.
F-22A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased some NOS 52-55 Vent window latches from Bob. Transaction was smooth and easy, Bob is a pleasure to do business with.

Latches turned up soon after payment and are very, very nice.

Tks Bob! Very Happy
Fitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent an email to BBT, asking for decals to put on my car.
4 days later I get a padded envelope with 3 big decals, 20ish small decals, a brochure, buisness card, CD with their catalog, pricelist and a letter.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I didn't ever bought anything from them, but it's showing me they're top class company. they went and bought a padded envelope, spent 5.5 euro to ship this to Israel, and didnt ask for nothing.

Very Happy
Wolf1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and the people at BBT is really top noch guys.
splitbus.nl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitch wrote:
Sent an email to BBT, asking for decals to put on my car.
4 days later I get a padded envelope with 3 big decals, 20ish small decals, a brochure, buisness card, CD with their catalog, pricelist and a letter.

I didn't ever bought anything from them, but it's showing me they're top class company. they went and bought a padded envelope, spent 5.5 euro to ship this to Israel, and didnt ask for nothing.

Very Happy

Did the same, and got a message back,if i want to give my adress.
I,m now waiting for the mailman

Top people those belgiums
jooles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some stuff from BBT. Those guys are great, very helpful, everything was perfectly as described. And even when I was confusing, they remained kind and helpful. My only regret is I've not asked to see Bob's collection when I was there (silly me...).

Julien
Daniel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a turnsignal switch from BBT. Bob was great with quick communication and getting the shipping costs sorted.
Highly recommended for any international buyer.

Thanks again, Daniel.
German U-Boat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob was amazing thru the entire selling process...fast communication, perfect packaging and super fast shipment.

Thanks Bob!!!! Very Happy
splithighroofbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

positive experience, buy 2 SWF NOS indicator

thanks bob Very Happy
Siamese Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Bob and the guys at BBT are great. Highly recommended to everyone.
Thank you.
hiroshi9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Bob is a great seller. I bought a SWF indicator switch from him. Thank you Bob.
vmachicote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: split pod mounting kits to Alabama! Reply with quote

I ordered a couple of sets of pod mounts for my split bug from Bob at BBT. Bob and his team were very helpful and shipped it right out - no crazy shipping or handling charges. The parts made it here quickly and were exactly as advertised. Thanks!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58Blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of NOS 36hp rod bearings from BBT. Communication was friendly and professional with both Bob and Kurt. Shipping to me in Canada was faster and cheaper than for most stuff I get from North America. I was very impressed with BBT and will look to them as a source for parts in the future.
artguy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Hey Big Thanks Bob! Reply with quote

Hey Bob, I received the NOS Bosch 019 distributor and it's in great shape. It's so fun to get the NOS box that's unopened_openit_ and discover that it truly is NOS! The fuzz from the interior cardboard support all over the 019 was cool…very authentic and Bob's FS Ad posted here is LEGIT! A standup honest man. Big thanks.

SOOOO Nice, Thanks Bob and Kurt!!!!!

__
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Linda, and all of the staff at BBT who I have had the honor to meet are great VW enthusiasts, and any deal you get through Bob will be a good one! Bob is a stand-up businessman, an incredible collector and is very passionate about VWs! I am very lucky to be able to call him a great friend of mine.

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob@bbt4vw Thank you! I purchased Orange so-34 plaid fabric for my flipseat, very happy to have this fabric available. Well worth the price if you want to do it right. The look and feel is perfect. Great communication and fast shipping. Bob is a huge asset to the vw community!
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bob1 - [email protected] - Bob @ BBT Reply with quote

Another great transaction with BBT! Good communication and fast shipping! Highly recommend! Thanks again Bob!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: