Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carters Air-Cooled - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Carters Air-Cooled
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 18, 2015
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Carters Air-Cooled - [email protected] Reply with quote

www.cartersaircooled.com

Very Happy Want To Give A Thumbs Up !! To Carters Air Cooled . Samantha was Very Polite and Professional . She informed me that the Car Cover I Wanted Was not in Stock . But She could Have It The Next Day . Today She Informed Me That It Was Ready For Pick Up . A Very High Quality, Perfect Fit Cover . Just in time Before The RAIN . I would Purchase Again From Carter's Without Hesitation . A stand Up Reputable Business . Thank You GUYS !! Keep UP !! THE GREAT WORK VW Logo

Also
gerald canter - [email protected]
monkbonk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've chose Carter's Air Cooled as my go to place for engine parts when rebuilding my 1600. Received my first order from them today, and I am impressed. It was well packaged and everything was as expected.

Ordered some pushrod tubes, intake seal/boot kit, lifters and engine hardware kit.

Great service.
dweiss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Carter's Air Cooled Reply with quote

Some of the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with Evil or Very Mad Brick wall 7 weeks to get piston and cylinders and they don't respond to e mails
sbetz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Don't buy from www.cartersaircooled.com Reply with quote

NEVER deal with this "company". I ordered $400+ in parts on Jan 28. They promptly accepted my payment via PayPal and I got an auto reply of my order. A week went by and I heard nothing so I tried to get ahold of them to get an update. I heard nothing. I searched the internet about them and found a bunch of negative reviews on Facebook. The only response I received from them was after I opened a dispute via PayPal. They told me the parts were arriving in the next day or so and they would not ship me anything with an open dispute in PayPal. I responded asking them to ship the parts, then I would drop the dispute. I have heard nothing. I have had to escalate the dispute to a "Claim" status and now I'm waiting for the process to complete - they still have not responded in over a week.
Bottom line:
Use PayPal
Don't use Carter's Air Cooled
MrsMachine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not order anything from Carter's Air-Cooled. We placed our order a month and a half ago. They promptly took my money from PayPal but haven't sent the order. I sent numerous emails, Private FB messages and called & left messages many times. They don't respond or the send some vague/lame excuse. First they emailed that we sent the wrong address which was BS and then they sent a bogus tracking # for USPS. I have started a dispute through PayPal so I should be able to get my money back but I still wanted to get the word out to as many in the VW community as I can. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH CARTERS AIR COOLED, YOU'LL REGRET IT!
scheu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed an order about 10 days ago. Have sent emails to the different addresses found online. No response. Tried both phone numbers listed. Both are non-working numbers... Another VW parts supplier vanished into thin air.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled all of his ads given the reports above and the fact that they have not used the site at this point since Feb. 18, 2015
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kearneyklein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Carters is a scam Reply with quote

I ordered something a month ago - they promptly processed payment and nothing for weeks. I emailed both emails and no response. Just today received a notice that my order shipped, but, in fact, it had not. This site is a scam - DO NOT USE CARTER'S.
python12456
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Carters Aircooled Reply with quote

I ordered a carpet kit from them on the 20th of July. They won't answer emails I can't find a phone number that works. The customer service is bad
greenback123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Carter's air cooled Reply with quote

Order a single quiet pack in February got a bunch of lame excuses finally after a bunch of emails back and forth they gave me my refund back 5 months later don't order from them you will regret it!
Mr. Motorhead
Mad Scientist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I pulled all of his ads given the reports above and the fact that they have not used the site at this point since Feb. 18, 2015

Is this the same group of people?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1399203

They have the same web site address and have 91 ads listed.
Check out the Bonneville project:
http://aircooledresearch.com/docs/thebonnevilleproject.html#

"All limitations are self imposed."
Some Chinese guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I linked their current account to this thread too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
406Salvager
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Carters Air-Cooled - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was reluctant to use Carters air Cooled after viewing this feedback thread. However, because there had not been any posts in a while and because their prices are downright awesome, I took a chance. I ordered some engine internals for a rebuild including bearings, rods, etc. Shipping was prompt, and I received the Priority Mail package at the post office (in Montana) in just a few days. Quality of the goods were the best one could expect this day and age. All bearings were either Mahle, or silverline steel backed bearings, and rods are well machined and and came in a match weighted set. Other parts were of good brand quality as well. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with my order from Carter's and I will choose to do business with them again.
I am, quite simply, in the business of keeping these air-cooled gems alive and bringing them back from the dead whenever possible. My goal is to see more people enjoying these happy little vehicles for what they once were, simple modes of transportation that come standard with ear to ear smiles, timeless memories, and a driving experience like no other. These brilliant machines bring us closer to one another.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
vweds57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Carters Air-Cooled - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got to say because of some of the negative feedbacks here I was a little concerned about ordering from Carters but I did it and I have to say I'm very pleased. The rubber kit is just as I had hoped. The shipping was very fast and everything was packed well. Building a 74 bug so no question, I will buy from Carters again. Very pleased.
vwpervert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Carters Air-Cooled - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thought I would relay my experience ordering from Carters Air-cooled VW. Placed an online order for a set of Empi Wide-5 dropped spindle, disc brakes, on March 22,2017. This is the first time I've ordered from Carters'. I usually order from the other major online VW parts sellers, but to tell the truth, Carters had the best price, and by far the lowest shipping. What I paid delivered to my door by USPS, was the price most others are charging for the parts alone. After I placed my order, a couple of days passed without any word of shipment so I sent them an email asking for a tracking number. They sent me a USPS tracking number, and my parcel was already on the way to me. Today I received the brake kit, shipped in two USPS flat rate boxes. One box was torn, if you are going to put two rotors in one box, be sure to tape the crap out of it. Overall my experience turned out good. All parts delivered. Carters, may need to work on their customer service. It's not good to keep the customer wondering what's going on. Would I do business with them again? Maybe, depends on the price.
'67 Squareback
'70 Karmann Ghia
'71 Small Poptop Riviera
'90 Westy EJ22
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: