Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

WestyBob wrote:
Really sad and hard to see/hear about that. I guess you didn't hear when this guy ran into it ?

A few years back my Miata was totaled when a drunk plowed into it in a very similar scenario. The drunk hoofed it and I had no idea what happened until the cop was knocking on my door at 3:00 am asking if I had left my car broken in the middle of the street. My point is that I was probably as surprised as the OP was to learn that I slept through the calamity.

Sorry for the aggravation and loss, OP.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Multiman mv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

Wow! Unbelievable. Both you and the guy buying the van must have been in complete shock. I feel for both of you. I can only imagine the disappointment and heartbreak that the buyer must have felt. It sounds like you had already "let go" of the van in order to sell it but you must have been crushed (sorry for the choice of words). I can't imagine how I would feel in that situation. It's obvious how much work you have put into the van over the years. It is a beautiful syncro. Nice paint scheme. I hope that it gets fully straightened out and back to the shape it was in prior to being hit. I'm glad that no one was injured. As a previous poster said, it's only metal - but as we all know, it's the most beautiful configuration of metal, plastic and rubber to ever grace the roads. Please post pictures of a full restoration if it happens. Again, sorry for your loss.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

It's clear God wanted you to keep this one for the little ones... Very Happy
takeiteasy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

sorry to hear of your hardship - sending good vibes your way Exclamation

"With your past and your future precisely divided.
Am I at that moment? I haven't decided."
BenjaminCA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=645313&highlight=benjaminca

Heres a link for the thread documenting how I first got this van. It was totaled in the past and brought back to life.
erodstrom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: A Drunk Driver Killed My Syncro Reply with quote

Just came back on the forum side after a bit and saw this. So bummed, man. That poor girl had so much work from so many people in her, and every time she was ready to really have fun, some knucklehead shows up.

I'm back into baywindows these days, if you're back down here some time for a weekend with the kids feel free to give me a heads up and take one of the rivis camping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: