Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's The Most Fun You've Had With Your Vanagon?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
termuehlen Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's The Most Fun You've Had With Your Vanagon? Reply with quote

For some reason, adding a ferry crossing to a Westy trip always makes it an even bigger adventure....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's The Most Fun You've Had With Your Vanagon? Reply with quote

Our one and only trip before strip and rebuild. The Younder Mountain String Summit. It was wonderfull to have a quiet comfortable van to sleep in. I can't wait tell we get him back on the road for more good times!
katstan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What's The Most Fun You've Had With Your Vanagon? Reply with quote

Okay my turn. The list is short since we've only had it one month and it's still wintry here but getting to see my daughter check everything out the day it came and camping in our driveway that night despite the frigid temps was a blast.

And I just took it on an overnight road trip to RI - just me and the dog for a work thing. I had installed our new Bluetooth stereo yesterday morning before i left so that made the ride great. We stayed with a friend so I haven't camped in it again yet but the 3 1/2 hr drive each way went without a hitch. Made me feel way more confident in taking longer road trips with the family soon. And I had to do a work call on the way there and it was so nice to stop at a rest area and have a table to sit at in the van to take notes.

A little soggy from her swim at the beach in Barrington.

Seeing my friend's two boys check it out and get super jazzed for camping in it this summer was a highlight.

And now tonight we're going to driveway camp again. My daughter has a friend sleeping over and they both went nuts for the idea. My husband and I are kicked out until bedtime though. They're having so much fun in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What's The Most Fun You've Had With Your Vanagon? Reply with quote

Totally awesome

Keeping it at 60 will keep that engine safe, too

I've made a few calls from that table, too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: