Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

So I just noticed lastnight in my garage that when my car is running and I hit my brakes, both front turn signals illuminate along with my speedometer light..Any ideas?
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

That is a weird one all right. Not that I'm following any line of thinking, but do the front turn signals work properly with the rear turn signals when you activate the turn signal switch, but the brake pedal is not depressed? When the brake pedal is depressed, do the rear turn signal lamps light up along with the rear brake lamps and front turn signal lamps? When you say speedometer light, do you mean the white bulbs that illuminate the gauge? Or one of the idiot lights?
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

My experience is when such funny things happen it means there is a grounding problem. Check the ground on the speedo.
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

I'll second the 'grounding' solution. Now, if I can only figure out why I blow my turn signal/wiper fuse when I turn on the ignition..... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

74superTN wrote:
So I just noticed lastnight in my garage that when my car is running and I hit my brakes, both front turn signals illuminate along with my speedometer light..Any ideas?

That's impossible.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

check all your light bulbs and make sure you don't have a single filament bulb where a dual filament bulb is supposed to be.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

I have said this before, take all fuses out and clean both sides of the fuse box and replace with new fuses. Old fuses may look good but replace them. Easy to do and not much money. Unhook the battery for this.
74superTN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

So the issue fixed itself...I noticed that my turn signals weren't even working normally all of a sudden so after giggling the turn signal switch at the steering wheel, they started working again and the brake issue disappeared..weird
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signals light up when I hit the brakes LOL Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
I have said this before, take all fuses out and clean both sides of the fuse box and replace with new fuses. Old fuses may look good but replace them. Easy to do and not much money. Unhook the battery for this.

2x

Also I personally like to use fuses with brass strips verses zinc strips and to coat the ends of the fuses with a bit of dielectric grease prior to installing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: