Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

AC Mack wrote:
Maybe I can afford to buy on now. LOL
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Where did you find that? I can't seem to source any except for one on eb*y for $30...or are they experiencing ridiculous prices too?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Too Bad it is not a 1973 or at least the correct body style.

Please if any Westerners are sold please update us with the new owners and locations.

Easter Weekend will be a good time to cruise around in your Wild Westerner so post some pics of people taking pictures of your bus.

Its a V-Dub Thing

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbusman66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that there are currently 7 WW's for sale right now, including mine?
James
Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

No Sir...
Where are they listed ?

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbusman66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search
Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Houston we have a problem!

Many Wild Westerners have been sold in the pasts couple of years and not reported to us, therefore our Registry is pathetic.

I have a suggestion to have stickers produced identifying these vehicles as being on a registry therefore the new owners will hopefully update us with their information.

Any thoughts ?

RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hopefully mine will be rollin' real soon.

Sticker idea sounds good to me.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Sure, Bill, the stickers are a fun idea. Something like your card. Gotta promote the registry!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I like the idea of Wild Westerner Club stickers too!

Speaking of stickers, I still have a bunch leftover from Christmas if anyone still wants one.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Three endorsements makes a hair um. As soon as i get a sample I will post for review.

Cool

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This just in from the graphics department at The Wild Westerner Club.

Your Thoughts

Suggestions Welcome

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Received an email this morning from a lady that states her family owned a Wild Westerner for 17 years. They rolled it over and then sold it to a man who was going to modify it. It was sold abt 1990 to someone in Ulysses Kansas . If we have anyone in that area please look around for a modified bus.

Thanks

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting!

My very good friend grew up in Ulysses (he called it Useless). I'll ask him and his parents (who I also know well) if they have any idea on such a Bus, though I doubt highly they would have paid attention to it at the time, if they even noticed it.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill, the sticker is awesome. I want one and don't even own a WW yet. LOL. My search has been stalled for the moment. We bought 2 buses and am working on those right now.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I' m thinking the colors should be reversed???

Also the W's look a bit funky but we used the the bottom half of the VW emblem not sure abt that as well.

Actually I was waiting on some feed-back before making any changes.

Sound off with suggestions I'm open to change just ask my 7 th wife.
Jus kiddin.

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

What if you reverse the two greens, drop the WW thing (I could tell what you were going for, just not sure if it ended up working), and just make "Wild Westerner Club" bigger to fill the space that the WW took?

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I like the vibrant colors. We would have to see two side by side to judge the reversal of colors. I also like the WW idea, but it should get trimmed up a bit. I also do some graphic design on the side, and would be happy to offer some ideas, too. Do you have this in some vector graphics software?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

The only thing I don't care for is the WWs. That does look funky. Maybe a different font not overlapped.

Asking all of you to keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow my WW will finally be running.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

My graphics person is out of town until this weekend. I think I have come up with a design that will be attractive. I will throw it out for review sometime this coming weekend.

Thanks for your input .

vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Pretty affordable here, 1968 Volkswagen Type 2 T2 Bus Green with Roof Rack 1/64 Diecast Model Car by Greenlight
$5.99

>>HERE<<
>Click< to see my stuff for sale
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 111 of 169

Jump to: