Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2269, 2270, 2271 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

purist wrote:

You seem to need someone to talk to, or maybe you just need to get out of YOUR mom's basement. Ooh, burn, huh.

Bold is for tools.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BusMan1961
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yes, this used to be my bus (720289), therefore the name BusMan1961.
I bought it on eBay for $15k... it was a death trap... I put $5k into it (all my own labor). Because of a financial reversal, I posted it on eBay and it sold for a whopping $9000 to the scammer guy that posted it all over the world. In fact he posted it immediately to eBay for $75,000.
He took my 'truthful' post and butchered it all up... saying it was a 'factory modification'.. when in fact it was 2 busses joined together (1959 and a 1961). Both data plates were there (one on each door). The rear engine compartment stamp matched the 1961 vin and the title. The chassis was cut and pasted so that it was a side door length longer than a usual bus, and you could tell by the high and low hinges.
Here is the blog I started about it, but never kept up with the postings:
http://project1961.blogspot.com/2014/02/this-blog-will-follow-my-1961-vw-bus.html
Cory
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I don't think he is even a real troll. I would think a real troll could put two and two together and figure out that someone with 10 thousand posts on a single subject (Clara), would, at a minimum, be more familiar with that subject beyond the computer screen.

Also, I would think that even a beginner troll could deduce that Clara is a girls name. And I think that's my favorite part. It just so happens that this Clara is one of the most knowledgeable people, regardless of sex, on this subject. And anyone who knows or has met her knows her, knows that I could go on and on about how awesome she is as a person and as a vw enthusiast/expert/mechanic/driver/craftsman etc.

Oh yeah, and one helluva dancer! (Thanks Earl!)

Last edited by BulletBus on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BusMan1961 wrote:
I bought it on eBay for $15k... it was a death trap... I put $5k into it (all my own labor). Because of a financial reversal, I posted it on eBay and it sold for a whopping $9000 to the scammer guy that posted it all over the world. In fact he posted it immediately to eBay for $75,000.
He took my 'truthful' post and butchered it all up... saying it was a 'factory modification'.. when in fact it was 2 busses joined together (1959 and a 1961). Both data plates were there (one on each door). The rear engine compartment stamp matched the 1961 vin and the title. The chassis was cut and pasted so that it was a side door length longer than a usual bus, and you could tell by the high and low hinges.
http://project1961.blogspot.com/2014/02/this-blog-will-follow-my-1961-vw-bus.html
Cory

I did a search on that VIN here and it looks like you were talking to this post from 2016?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8021700#8021700

Is it being advertised again now?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:
I don't think he is even a real troll. I would think a real troll could put two and two together and figure out that someone with 10 thousand posts on a single subject (Clara), would, at a minimum, be more familiar with that subject beyond the computer screen.

Also, I would think that even a beginner troll could deduce that Clara is a girls name. And I think that's my favorite part. It just so happens that this Clara is one of the most knowledgeable people, regardless of sex, on this subject. And anyone who knows or has met her knows her, knows that I could go on and on about how awesome she is as a person and as a vw enthusiast/expert/mechanic/driver/craftsman etc.

X2 couldn't have said it any better. The only thing you left out is she also is one hell of a dancer too. Laughing

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
BusMan1961 wrote:
Cory

I did a search on that VIN here and it looks like you were talking to this post from 2016?

Everett,

Going back to that part of the thread, there's another discussion of a 23 Window being manufactured that looks remarkably like the one that sold at Palm Beach. Following that trail, of the first guy that built and sold it, apparently, leads to this thread. It seems that the poster surrounded by controversy there has a very similar writing style to the poster "Purist", of recent fame. Coincidentally enough, both "Purist" and that other poster are both, apparently, from outside the USA. Which would possibly make this a matter not just of interest to state and local authorities, but to federal ones, too. This is now starting to look like fraud and real VIN tampering.

Interesting thread, and ties into the 23 at Palm Beach maybe. Wonder if it is the same fellow ? Smile

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546907

Go to the bottom of the first page, where Everett added some info reference a 59 being made into a 61 and the subject using email name "Deiter" to try to sell it. Everything strongly suggests the same bus.

Last edited by AS350driver on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
EverettB wrote:
BusMan1961 wrote:
Cory

Everett,

Going back to that part of the thread, there's another discussion of a 23 Window being manufactured that looks remarkably like the one that sold at Palm Beach. Following that trail, of the first guy that built and sold it, apparently, leads to this thread. It seems that the poster surrounded by controversy there has a very similar writing style to the poster "Purist", of recent fame. Coincidentally enough, both "Purist" and that other poster are both, apparently, from outside the USA. Which would possibly make this a matter not just of interest to state and local authorities, but to federal ones, too. ICE/HSI comes to mind. This is now starting to look like fraud and real VIN tampering.

Interesting thread, and ties into the 23 at Palm Beach maybe. Wonder if it is the same fellow ? Smile

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546907

Go to the bottom of the first page, where Everett added some info reference a 59 being made into a 61 and the subject using email name "Deiter" to try to sell it. Everything strongly suggests the same bus.

Wrong, not the same Bus, you're completely wrong.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'm not talking about the stretched blue and white one that Everett was. If you go back to the "whines" thread at around the same area there is mention of a 23w being made out of a 59.

This: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1905878

Do you think the Palm Beach one is actually real?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
I'm not talking about the stretched blue and white one that Everett was. If you go back to the "whines" thread at around the same area there is mention of a 23w being made out of a 59.

This: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1905878

Do you think the Palm Beach one is actually real?

The Bus advertised in the older ad link above is not a walk-through and doesn't have the wrong cargo door - It's a different Bus.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ok. Clara pointed that out in a pm. You had mentioned that the guy "borrowed" a few pics and changed the ad when discrepancies were commented on. At any rate that seller sold numerous 23w buses of dubious origin before you banned him.
twistedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
I would say if you don't want ridiculous offers then don't make one yourself.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6080962023.html

He should have posted more pics of the FJ40....looks pretty original and probably worth more than the bus.

One of my good friends personally built that bus from a panel, he did a great job, no way is the fj worth more money, and how this guy got the bus I have no idea, I read the whines for a laugh, I think I have posted to the whines only a few times in 10+ years, I have better things to do.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Cuņado Wear wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

X2 couldn't have said it any better. The only thing you left out is she also is one hell of a dancer too. Laughing

Ah, good times. Laughing
'Purist' just tried the shotgun approach to insult anyone he could think of, except people who clip and flip then sell a hack 23 as the real deal. Those he admires.
I'm not really sure of the point. That he respects shady car dealers who alter VINs? That he is better cause he doesn't post here?
That kind of bilge is just weak, so I can't really be offended.

It's fine if someone sells a bus for beaucoup dollars.
I like that buses are worth more, but higher prices do mean buyers should be more careful to make sure they aren't buying a false bill of goods from some sleazebag.

Don't laugh about living in mom's basement. I have friends who live with their parents in order to help the parents out. My stepmother has some serious health issues. I've been concerned that my parents could use a bit more help and attention as the years go by, and count my lucky stars they are both still with us.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:

i'll be a bit anal, since its the right thread...

beaucoup dollars doesnt make sense, if you try to add some flavor with french.

"beaucoup de dollars" does tho.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
Clara wrote:

obviously you don't get out much? out of canada? franch is spoken here Wink

mercy buckets

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
Clara wrote:

mercy buckets
not because its spoken where you live that beaucoup dollars make sense Razz
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The South Vs. France.

Hard to pick a side on that one.

Enkiel wrote:
mandraks wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
Clara wrote:

mercy buckets

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Homeresque
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
The South Vs. France.

Hard to pick a side on that one.

Enkiel wrote:
mandraks wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
Clara wrote:

mercy buckets

South Vs. France...that mash-up would be Cajun. That makes even TV reality show subtitle-translators freeze up!
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Homeresque wrote:
South Vs. France...that mash-up would be Cajun. That makes even TV reality show subtitle-translators freeze up!
Arent Cajun french people that landed in louisiana?

Link

aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Holy shit! LOL can we get back on subject....how ez we get side tracked Cool

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
Homeresque wrote:
Arent Cajun french people that landed in louisiana?

Aah, les acadiens. oui, d'accord mon ami Wink

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2269, 2270, 2271 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2270 of 2710

Jump to: