Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Intake manifold-cold/not cold
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Intake manifold-cold/not cold Reply with quote

Ok, it's me again with another question. After a good start up and ride around the block to warm the engine I return to double check timing, dwell and idle speed. The object of the question a 1776 SP with dual carbs. The intake manifold on the drivers side is cool to the touch but the passenger side intake manifold is neither cool nor warm. My thought is evaporating gas would cool the manifold but whats the deal with the other side. I synced both carbs with a flow gauge at idle.

Thanks in advance
David
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Intake manifold-cold/not cold Reply with quote

A drive around the block isn't long enough to get things warmed up. Run it for 15-20 minutes at speed, then check it again. Full operating temp is when all tuning of carbs and timing/dwell should happen, or at least be checked if they were set when cold.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: