Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Super Rare Porsche Thing?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveMyThing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

That is so weird.

With the talk of doubloons, this version of the ad is back into hoax territory. But these ads were NOT published April 1st, even if the video was.

I am convinced this is a scam and that as long as it is documented here, it will likely fail.
BostonVWFanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

1. I think it's fake
But 2. That olive green car is Porsche's version of the Kubelwagen. It's called the Typ 597 Jagdwagen.
And 3. Porsche did make a version of the Vanagon called the B32. It had an air-cooled 911 flat six out of a 911 3.2 Carrera AND it had VW badging. So there's a slight chance this is legit, but I doubt it.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
$85K sounds like a deal, I found another one for $185K Very Happy
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6075641149.html

" To avoid Craigslist scams, I am currently accepting gold Spanish or Mexican doubloons as payment. No Peruvian doubloons. "

LOL!!!!!!

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

LoveMyThing wrote:
They even posted the video on April 1st just in case the law gets involved in their scam. They will try to claim this was a hoax.

What an insane scam.

If they sell their hoax for any excessive price, April 1 won't help them. But insane scam indeed!
carsdlt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

Both Craigslist posts have been flagged and removed. Laughing Laughing Laughing

"If it works, don't fix it....let it break on its own."
Doc*181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Rare Porsche Thing? Reply with quote

Haha! Hoax indeed (not the 597 Jagdwagen but the 181 Porsche)! The german speaking lady starts with: 'They asked me to speak some German, I know nothing of Porsche'. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: