Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats.
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Turtletaub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

Hey all, I bought a 72' VW Super Beetle last year that has a pair of Porsche 911/944 seats in it. I love the seats, but I'd like to have more stock type seating in the Beetle. So I had the idea to sell these seats and re-invest the money back into the car.

The problem is that I have no idea what the seats are worth. I've put up ads asking for offers. I had a lot of inquiries but every single one of them wanted to know an asking price. I understand that's just the nature of the game when you're looking to buy something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

I see you have an ad but it's inactive so people can't see the photos.
I think seeing photos is important in determining the value.

Here are the pics from the ad
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

they look like 964 seats to me

here are examples of sold ones ... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_saca...5573.m1684
Turtletaub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

Thanks EverettB I wasn't sure of the forum rules and didn't want to appear to be soliciting on the forums so I excluded the photos. I was more expecting that someone who read my post would reply with something like 'give so and so a call @ or an email and they might be able to help'. I made the ad inactive while I sort out a price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Turtletaub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
they look like 964 seats to me

here are examples of sold ones ... http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_saca...5573.m1684

Thanks Erik G I'll have to add 964 in the title when I repost my ad for keywords sake.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a good resource for information on Porsche seats. Reply with quote

Turtletaub wrote:
Thanks EverettB I wasn't sure of the forum rules and didn't want to appear to be soliciting on the forums so I excluded the photos. I was more expecting that someone who read my post would reply with something like 'give so and so a call @ or an email and they might be able to help'. I made the ad inactive while I sort out a price.

No problem, it is a thin line but it's to ask on values of parts when you have no idea.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: