Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manxter #127 -Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

After 4 1/2 years she's a running.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

#127 Manxter - 99.5% done....
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

sbussard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Your wiring is so clean. Very nice work. Now it's time you enjoy all that hard work, and I see you've already started!
Manxter #122
First time, garage built, and living out the childhood dream of owning a life-size Hotwheel!

Check out my build thread-->My Manxter 2+2
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

It's too bad this forum type is such a thing of the past with Facebook now.

I really got some great advice and made some great friends through out my journey

Buggy on.

David
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Sadly not all of us can spare the time that Facebook seems to demand so we can't follow the builds there.

Paul

(With way more projects than spare time!)
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

dbsmith wrote:
It's too bad this forum type is such a thing of the past with Facebook now.

I really got some great advice and made some great friends through out my journey

Buggy on.

David

Maybe for you. Personally the only reason I’m even on FB anymore is too look at for sale items. Even then, I’ve found doing transactions there even worse than here.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

I have grown to dislike FB. Drive by posts that do not allow for searching later. A lot of crap to scroll through for very little good.

I do like the instant messaging and ability to form private IM groups for organizing events.

Hope you are enjoying that Manxter. I enjoyed being a part of building # 160.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Joe,
I totally agree with you.
There were many times building my #127 Manxter that I thought I would never get done, but with all the support and encouragement I received it became a reality. Yeah it took 4 1/2 years, and if you told me that when I bought the kit, I would've told you you were crazy. I'm about to start some winter tasks, 1st up is the oil cooler and fan.
You've done a great job on Jeffs and look forward to your Norrea Adventure. May the force be with you.

David
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Thank you David! We will need all the support we can get.

If you can, come see us off on Friday April 20th early AM leaving Bruce and Winnie's place heading to Ensenada. There will be a gang of us. I think 4 Manxters, my buggy and maybe a Towd.

Would love to meet you and see your Manxter.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

hillmotorsports wrote:
Sadly not all of us can spare the time that Facebook seems to demand so we can't follow the builds there.

Paul

Agreed.
in addition to VW's I model Large Scale trains and the forums are ghostlands now. It's near impossible to search for a subject and use the discussion as a resource, and I find it a royal pain in the rump to follow anything Hobby related like a build on FB. I much prefer a forum like this.

Facebook is good for banter and posting the occasional picture.
Machette Speedster
2012 Passat TDI SE (sadly sitting in a buyback parking lot somewhere waiting for it's heart to be ripped out.)
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Hey joescoolcustoms, what is your route across the country? If possible, I would love to meet you, as you have had a huge influence on my build.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

gtrplyr wrote:
Hey joescoolcustoms, what is your route across the country? If possible, I would love to meet you, as you have had a huge influence on my build.

Thanks for the kind words. Hoped it helped.

Not to bogg up David's build thread, I will be posting the trip up in the next couple weeks on this site. It will be ECV-NORRA. (East Coast Visits NORRA).

dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

I had followed the group when you came for Big Bear a few years ago on the puzzle Manx' maiden voyage. You had a great trip. We met you then, everybody was great to talk to, I know you met lots of new peeps.

Joe's builds have influenced quite a few.
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

I like Facebook, but this forum is a much better way to follow builds and exchange information. I immediately clicked on this thread because I saw the word Manxter, something that's not available on social media sites. If we all continue to visit here, post information and exchange thoughts, the community will continue to thrive.
TSFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Since I'm already considering Wiring 2.0, my goal is to come close to yours David. Seriously beautiful work! Cool

Thanks,
Jeff

Manxter 2+2 #160
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Andy,
Some day we will have a Red MANXTER party.
dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Joe,
A while back you had shared the fuel filter you like to use, it was a metal one, I think you get at Autozone. Could you share again. I need to make a bracket to mount down by the tranny

Thanks
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

dbsmith wrote:
Joe,
A while back you had shared the fuel filter you like to use, it was a metal one, I think you get at Autozone. Could you share again. I need to make a bracket to mount down by the tranny

Thanks

I use the ones that have a 5/16 inlet/outlet which is very close to the 9mm cloth braided fuel line I run from the outlet side of the filter to the dellorto carbs.

The one still on the buggy was installed when I built it in '14 and has a lot of miles on it, but free flows nicely and will get used again for '18.

The red label is the one on my buggy. The Duralast is the same thing, just a different brand.

dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Well, we got to play in the dirt..but we are way too low. We got beat up pretty bad. .. need to give it a 3" rise.
Also got 2nd at Laughlin

dbsmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Manxter #127 -Build Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: