Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New MV to Poptop Conversion Project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Yeah, the two tone adds a neat, retro, fun to the vans.
finboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Loving the colour Cole, reminds me of my parents van (that I would love to add a top to, 100k original miles and they have owned it since 20k)

https://instagram.com/p/6nZg_JIlA_/
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

jakefromstatefarm wrote:
Cole is repairing the unsightly dents at the jack point on the driver side. He ordered a new piece of sheet metal to cover it. Once this gets fixed, it is time to get the car painted. Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is probably a stupid question, but where do you order a steel repair part like that? I've got a similar fix needed on one of our vans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

I got that part through BusDepot
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Soooooooo.........really long story cut super short.

I built Jake both of these. Shocked

He is on a road trip with his family in this one right now.

.....the other one stayed with me at the moment. Can't decide if I'm keeping or selling it Wink
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Nice to see a post from you! You've been busy... MAKING TWINS! Smile

They look great!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mkscott2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Awesome! Fantastic color combos.

More pics! More pics! More pics Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

The irony is that the second van was built so quickly that I really don't have good pictures of it. We were in a massive rush to get Jake and his family on the road to their adventures.

They are both pop top conversions with rear AC, beetle kill pine interior, custom flooring, double DIN nav conversions, euro cubbies, seat swivels, custom interior paint, etc etc etc the list goes on and on.

Both have solar, etc etc
zugvogel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

Cole, you mentioned "rear AC" on both vans... like in the GLS with the second unit in the passenger side rear corner?
If so, do you route the air vents that are in the ceiling on the GLS to come out elsewhere?
I have a GLS and adding a pop-top would be great, but because of the AC which I really need here in SoCal I never even considered it.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

zugvogel wrote:
Cole, you mentioned "rear AC" on both vans... like in the GLS with the second unit in the passenger side rear corner?
If so, do you route the air vents that are in the ceiling on the GLS to come out elsewhere?
I have a GLS and adding a pop-top would be great, but because of the AC which I really need here in SoCal I never even considered it.

57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: New MV to Poptop Conversion Project Reply with quote

I just finished a GLS to Weekender conversion. At first I didn't think having the A/C in the rear was a big deal and did the conversion because the vans were available to me. But now after its all done, I had a new compressor installed and system charged I cannot believe how awesome it is having that A/C unit in the rear. After sitting in the hot sun all day, starting it and turning on the Air the whole van is comfortable in just a few minutes! VW really dropped the ball not offering these vans with the rear A/C option and having the air just come out of that big opening is not a problem at all! No ducts needed.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: