Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2275, 2276, 2277 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...mp;vxp=mtr
Wow!

There was a thread about that bus https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=643437
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
It looks like when they gather and lay out the pieces of a crashed jet.

Hehe. I don't see anybody ever putting that back together. Not quite the upside potential as the "Quality Sound" barndoor deluxe, and it's amazing that it was ever put back together. Not many have that level of determination.
He should have never taken it apart.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
easy e wrote:

Hehe. I don't see anybody ever putting that back together. Not quite the upside potential as the "Quality Sound" barndoor deluxe, and it's amazing that it was ever put back together. Not many have that level of determination.
Al

Whats even more amazing is that it has one bid on it! Laughing
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
69doublecab wrote:
easy e wrote:

Al

Whats even more amazing is that it has one bid on it! Laughing
The first line of the thread on this bus says it all:
"I got a little starry eyed when I bought this. Like many out there, I always wanted to restore a Deluxe and instead of seeing what is perhaps a parts bus my blinded eyes could only see what I wanted to see...a good candidate for restoration."

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
My username on Instagram is @graysvws and Grayson McGill on Facebook. I've sold many buses all around the world to repeat buyers over and over. I do my best at marketing these to catch the most eyes and the right eyes.
Enkiel wrote:
VWsArent4Hippies wrote:
thom wrote:
obus wrote:
Im convinced that that bus has spent a good part of its life in the Tri State area
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252861797067?rmvSB=true

I suspect there's some shilling going on there.

Strong accusation there.

Maybe one day you guys will realize that there's a whole other world outside of the samba classifieds and forums. Whether you agree with what the bus brings or not, the fact is this is a no reserve auction. If someone wins it, and pays for it, that's the value of it. It's not the 90's anymore, your mindsets need to evolve with the market.
When you see an ad for something not worth much being pushed up by someone with no review, you're right to think it could be shady business. Especially since the person bided at least 10 times so far.

Congrats, Grayson. $20,100
I cannot believe my eyes. But, hey you were honest!
Al
Vanagons:
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:
[
Al

indeed, congrats! interesting that it was the electronic snipes that took it that far - from $13.8k to $19 to $20.1 in the last few seconds, but it looks like a manual late bidder (~13 minutes from the end) who actually took it home.

good luck getting payment, we'd love to see pics as it rolls away to it's new home! Smile
...david - '66 SO-44 #231
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

David Raistrick wrote:
69doublecab wrote:
[
Al

indeed, congrats! interesting that it was the electronic snipes that took it that far - from $13.8k to $19 to $20.1 in the last few seconds, but it looks like a manual late bidder (~13 minutes from the end) who actually took it home.

good luck getting payment, we'd love to see pics as it rolls away to it's new home! Smile

Just curious, how can you tell which were electronic snipes?
FYI the second highest bid at $20k was 5 seconds before the end. All we know is that the winner bid AT LEAST $20,100.
Absolutely unbelievable. I would at least have pressure washed it, got the dookie off it! I'm humbled by this lesson in marketing.
Al
Vanagons:
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

69doublecab wrote:

Just curious, how can you tell which were electronic snipes?
Al

speculation based on timing with no earlier bids. I could be wrong. Looking through the numbers again, 6***6 was the only last minute bidder, with a nice round $20k. Probably an electronic snipe. c***t's final bid might have been as well - but since he'd also bid earlier, was probably an human bid. e***m bid a few times during the final hour (raising his max bid). don't forget to turn on the "show automatic bids" and pay attention to the bid timestamps as much as the order. the automatic bids are the interesting ones (and they carry the original bid timestamps) since you can see them jump the new bidders high bid....

I guess it was e***m's 19k bid that really got pushed up by c***t's winning $20,100.

but at the end, there were 3 buyers willing to drop $19k + so it wasn't just 2 people fighting it out.... I think that's how auctions define "market" Smile
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

and because this is whines:

wtf, someone paid $20k for that rusty ass bus? Crazyness - rafferty's '53 deluxe only sold for $50k what, 18 years ago (if memory serves) ? (I know, I see a '54 that mark did that someone is asking $350k for now.)

jesus.
Drew Ogden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Raffertys bus sold for $28K if I remember correctly, and it took a while to sell....
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

jeremy57ride wrote:
Takes "basket case" to a whole new level
stale air wrote:
Wow!

I remember this one, I thought it was an odd way to start a restoration.
Cut first and make a plan later.

Looks like a vin tag sale now. Laughing

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

brettsvw wrote:
jeremy57ride wrote:
stale air wrote:
Wow!

and tons of repro parts.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:
brettsvw wrote:
jeremy57ride wrote:
stale air wrote:
Wow!

and tons of repro parts.

His third mistake was thinking those repro parts fit.
You can remove one part at a time from your rusty platform, fit and weld in a new part. Repeat 30 times, and you will have something. something a little less than perfect. What he has looks like a chicken that's been in a crockpot for 8 hours. Not a chicken anymore.
Al
Vanagons:
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Another turd from the dude that was selling on here with huge gaps in the door area.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292083547047?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He is pretty cleaver to bury "conversion" in the description and then state vin will confirm what it is, original German, and rotisserie restoration to mislead buyers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6KZhpfJB68&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilF63-G-Mr8&feature=youtu.be

This guys "painted pigs" must have the record for getting into the whines. Unfortunately, some sucker bid it up to $52k already and reserve is still not met. Sad.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Anybody with 52k in spare change to drop... and isn't put off by a "restorer" that would put Beetle wheels on a 21 window... and can't comprehend the real meaning of "conversion"... deserves to be separated from their money. Sad, but true.

The seller on the other hand... is a filthy pig.
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
Another turd from the dude that was selling on here with huge gaps in the door area.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292083547047?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

anyone know what this hack job actually is? 285 vin but no belly pans or heater tube???? (ignoring for the the moment that gawd awful upholstery.) I'd say 'brazil' 'sunroof clip' and 'vin swap' except why go big hatch. ~confused~

was there a german bus variation that didnt have a heater tube that I'm just forgetting about?
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

David Raistrick wrote:
tarzan271 wrote:

anyone know what this hack job actually is? 285 vin but no belly pans or heater tube???? (ignoring for the the moment that gawd awful upholstery.) I'd say 'brazil' 'sunroof clip' and 'vin swap' except why go big hatch. ~confused~

was there a german bus variation that didnt have a heater tube that I'm just forgetting about?

Definitely not a Brazilian. I don't think he swaps vin's. He just doesn't give you all of the info such as the m-code to check yourself. Preys on ignorant buyers.

There are German buses without the heater log in the back.
David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

tarzan271 wrote:
There are German buses without the heater log in the back.

this isn't about the under-seat log. this is about no heat at all. Smile

this doesnt have the heater tube underneath that runs to the front - it has the part under the dash, and it has the dash vents....

and no holes in the crossmembers for the tube. crossmembers have dents and painted over road rash, so they're certainly older, and a quick look around the seams doesnt seem to show signs of replacement.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

David Raistrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

though... those outriggers and jackpoints. or lack thereof. or just boxes. are...interesting.
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

David Raistrick wrote:
though... those outriggers and jackpoints. or lack thereof. or just boxes. are...interesting.
the belly pans are even cooler
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2275, 2276, 2277 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Page 2276 of 2708

Jump to: