Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountain1.8t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Are non-VW's going to be allowed on the trails? I'm flying in and renting a car capable of driving the trails. Also, is there an area for tent camping?
baltik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Thinking of attending this year... what's the thought on bringing kids - I have a 2yr old and 5yr old. is there enough for them to do? what's the best place to camp to minimize the sound of night-time festivities?
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Running_Man wrote:
Are non-VW's going to be allowed on the trails? I'm flying in and renting a car capable of driving the trails. Also, is there an area for tent camping?

We rent the group campground for the weekend. The rest of the park (all the 4x4 trails, motorcycle park etc.) is open to the public. Every registration comes with a park pass good for the vehicle park. You would need to purchase a separate pass to use the motorcycle portion of the park however. So yes you can take your rented jeep out into the park and break it. Just pay for the full insurnace Laughing
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

baltik wrote:
Thinking of attending this year... what's the thought on bringing kids - I have a 2yr old and 5yr old. is there enough for them to do? what's the best place to camp to minimize the sound of night-time festivities?

Syncrofest is super kid friendly. The GoWesty bounce house is a big draw and there is always a lot of kids running around. I can't say where the best place to camp is however. Lately the event has gotten fairly large and it's pretty hard to get away from everyone else. If you get there early you can get a spot on the outskirts of the campground. Your kids will be pretty tired out from all the running around though.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

I first went to a Syncro event here in 2008. My 10 year old loved it and came back with me the following 3 or 4 years.

Bring the kids and the wife. It is a cool, mellow crowd and very family friendly. The talk of stoner hill and such is kind if a fringe thing and not what it is all about.

Just a regular guy
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Syncrozilla wrote:
Every registration comes with a park pass good for the vehicle park. You would need to purchase a separate pass to use the motorcycle portion of the park however.

FWIW, I take my motorcycle every year and they've given me free admission to the motorcycle park because I was registered at the 4wd park with Syncrofest.
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Bills85Westy wrote:
Syncrozilla wrote:
Every registration comes with a park pass good for the vehicle park. You would need to purchase a separate pass to use the motorcycle portion of the park however.

FWIW, I take my motorcycle every year and they've given me free admission to the motorcycle park because I was registered at the 4wd park with Syncrofest.

That's good to know. I was not sure if that was the case or not. Makes sense though. There's also a new area open now across the road that I understand is primarily for hiking and mountain biking.
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

If your on the fence about attending the time to make a decision is running out. We're going to close registration this Friday at the end of the day. We will not be selling admitting anyone this year who is not preregistered. I guess it's a sign of success but we have reached the maximum size for the venue.
Bman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Hello, Anyone from Oregon, Portland, Eugene (I5 corridor, even Medford?) going down to Syncrofest this year and could pick up a part for me?

Jeff Schwia has a Doka Headache rack for me that I have been trying to get to Eugene, OR. I would gladly pay for the shipping assistance up North.

The rack specifics are:

45 lbs
68” x 38” x 5” (unwrapped).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Please let me know.....

2WD Doka build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503578&highlight=
FaceHook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T3-DokaSinka/129026087217120?ref=hl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

If i wasnt overloaded with smoker, mini trail, passenger, gear etc I would haul it. 24hrs Lemons race peeps comming up this way?
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

@Bryan,

why won't you take the Doka and having fun at SyncroFest and get the rack at the same time? - one stone 2 birds..

what... you don't like SyncroFest? Very Happy
Bman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

If it wasn't for the fact that my 86 syncro is being stubborn in getting started and fired up, I would be breaking in the engine, would have bought a ticket, and be headed south. End of a 7 month rebuild.

2WD Doka build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503578&highlight=
FaceHook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T3-DokaSinka/129026087217120?ref=hl
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Looks like registration closed early. The Website said they would close it Friday and I just looked at it was SOLD OUT.
A buddy of mine who had been sitting on the fence is out of luck. Looks to be a great show again.
I'll be there hawking my wares as usual, see ya there.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Those fence sitters are really missing out this year Laughing

Just a regular guy
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

You'll be sitting on the fence waiting for the tow truck when that freshly built van of yours does not make it.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Bumping just because Very Happy
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
newfisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

TequilaSunSet wrote:
Bumping just because Very Happy

lol...it's been quiet since registration closed Sad
unclebrad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

16CV's wrote:
Looks like registration closed early. The Website said they would close it Friday and I just looked at it was SOLD OUT.
A buddy of mine who had been sitting on the fence is out of luck.

I waited too long as well. Rats.

Question - Is there a place where people can park and walk in for the day?
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

unclebrad wrote:
Is there a place where people can park and walk in for the day?

yes, there is day visitor parking inside the main entrance gate

Syncrozilla wrote:
Day visitors are welcome. It's $10.00 per person for the day.

also, you can buy an overnight camping pass from the Ranger, to camp by the obstacle course for example, but not inside the SyncroFest area. The park has 3 camping areas, the private reserved Area 5 for Syncrofest, a camping area by the Obstacle Course, and another called Sycamore Camp

read the official Hollister Offroad park details here: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179
"CAMPING
Facilities: The Upper Ranch has two campgrounds, Sycamore and the Obstacle Course. Each campground accommodates about 60 people. Sycamore Camp has showers and flushing toilets. The Obstacle Course Camp has flushing toilets (no showers). "

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

onslowb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Stacy,

If you are doing windshield installs this year again I'd like to get on the list.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: