Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Name change Kubel Treffen East
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Because the Porsche Club Of America has a trademark on the word "Treffen" in the early 80's we are not to use any phrase with this word. Our show will be called Things East. There will also be a change to the show in the west to Things West. This is not April Fools it's for real. Trademark # 1249324. Facebook has more info. Guess we won't invite Porsche's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

baaa to those Porsche weinies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Well I bet they feel special.
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/retail-news/2013/12...OBKnvnythE
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Here is the revised flyer describing the weekend's activities:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here's the order form:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hope to see y'all there!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rex_A_Lott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Put the words together, Kubeltreffen. Now you have a new word. Get your own copyright on this word.
Germans do this a lot, I see it on prints all the time. Kabelschlepp and Pneumatikschrank come to mind. I have even seen where they run three or four words together to make new words, but I dont recall any this early in the a.m.
Even the word Volkswagen is an example of this. Good Luck
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

We tried that. Was told that any use of the word would still be a lawsuit. Let the " Special People" have their way. We are not like that.
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Kubel 'reffen?

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
Mark Lewalski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Ummm,

I've got a trademark on the words "things", "east", and "west".

Also, "it", "the", "and", the vowels - and sometimes "y".

Just thought I'd let you know before the lawsuit kicks off.

Mark
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Just made my hotel reservation and show (kubel / word that must not be uttered) registration via paypal! See you there!
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

KAmes glad you are coming. Still love your car. See you in July.
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Things East is 5 weeks away. We will be placing orders for T shirts and awards next week. T shirts are pre order only, not at the show. Please if you are coming pre register now. Thank you Ron and Dennis. hope to see everyone.
Turk.380 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

It will always be Kubel Treffen to me.
The Porsche club can bite me!

Probably won't know until the last minute if we're going.. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Name change Kubel Treffen East Reply with quote

Last call for T-shirts. Order being placed this week. You can paypal Dennis'
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: