Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

if the chamber is in fact too small, then just open it up, unshroud the valves to start with, then cc and see how much more you want and just do it. Shocked hell nikie didnt get where they are by sitting there wishing they could fly through the air.....they had to get pumped first. I see zero issue with using a copper head gasket. and I wouldent run them with out them. dont go wide on the deck clearance,just do the needed chamber work or send them to somebody that can. not realy that hard to do..if you have the stuff to do it with.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Or
Build a dedicated E85 engine.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

How much is alcohol now --if you make it from old lawn clippings Question

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Those dished pistons and stock chambered heads would be great for boosted apps.

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
midtravelmidengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
Or

This! ^^^

Take advantage of the cylinder pressure and make some power!

youngnstudly wrote:
I just wasn't sure if I should recommend the 1/3 race cam, the 1/2 race cam, or the 5/8 race cam instead...guess it depends on how much of the race he wants to lead???
PumaVW79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

midtravelmidengine wrote:
DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
Or

This! ^^^

Take advantage of the cylinder pressure and make some power!

These are factory piston to 11/1 compression to run pure ethanol.

Personally I don't like ethanol ...at least not in my cars 😀
By the way, we have here an imposed quota of 27% (E27) in the gas by the government, no pure gasoline from gas pumps.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Jacco Verveer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Pistons look nice but not so keen on running E85
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Those are sweeeeet heads!

So what seems to be the issue of using them? They will work fine.

Just measure your chambers and top of pistons to figure out your compression ratio. Go from there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

without matching cilinders/pistons? i do not have them

and can i use normal gas/fuel?
PumaVW79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

karmanniak wrote:
without matching cilinders/pistons? i do not have them
and can i use normal gas/fuel?

It will run, but without matching c/p you will end up with .5 inch area of no fins on the top of the cylinders - should expect an increase in temps...
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

thanks for the replies

that mahle data was gold

found nos matching cil/pistons Very Happy
Frederik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Cylinder Head Question PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

I have a nos Brazilian longblock engine with those heads and dished pistons. The thread I've asked about it years ago is linked to on page one but the pictures got photo..ucked. Still stand unused in a corner of the garage, but now I need a new engine in my pickup (1600) so came to think about it today and found this thread. If I read the mahle chart correct compression with dished pistons is 7.5:1 and were used with gasoline?

I've also read that they were fitted with dual carbs when used in Brazilian type 2 is that correct? Do you think a dual setup of kadrons or idf40 (what I have) would work or are they to big for the stock engine?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: