Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Restoration of 54 sunroof bug
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwnut1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Ultra Maroon is a very unique VW exterior color. I love it! Keep at it, your almost at the finish line. I think anyone who has restored a VW to this caliber can relate to suffering from "fundsarelow" syndrome. It's amazing how quickly all of the small parts add up.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

belairman wrote:
Not much has been happening on car. My brother has been saving for installation of interior. I have not been able to work on car due to other projects. I did finish the running boards and will get the bumpers together also. Still have to rebuild the rag top mechanism, not looking forward to doing it. Trying to finish car before the end of the year. Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

does anyone reproduce these correct mats for my '55?

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
mark_85226
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

I bought mine at Wolfsburgwest.

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111821531AGR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I would like to say car was finished last week. I will try to get pics of last stages of restoration in here including finished car. My brother took it to a show last
weekend and got a lot of positive comments. I got to drive it home from the show and was a great feeling. : Very Happy
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

I am having problems with memory card to down load pics.. I will try to find out problem. I do have pictures of car on my facebook Classic Steering Wheel Restoration if you would like to see finished car.. thank you Ruben
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Here are some pics of 54 sunroof bug finished. I was not able to down load the final restoration pics of car. These were taken today. Sorry they are not the best pics. Pic of engine is missing coil decal, as it came off while driving car home from show last week. Hope you enjoy them.
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

beautiful car? Win any awards?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

I love the colour and the gas tank look..the gas pedal looks out of place though!

Beautiful work, well done.
vw54john
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Stunning! Now drive and enjoy!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheLadyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Gorgeous, Reuben. Can't wait to be where you are now.
2016 Golf highline - hubby’s daily
2016 Golf R - my daily
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Thank you all for the positive comnents. Looking back I wish I could have done some things differently to make car better but my brother is happy with car and that is all that matters.Time for him to enjoy it and once in awhile I will get to drive it. Very Happy
lzamora
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Looks good Ruben, Nice Job!!! Who did the interior after all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

lzamora wrote:
Looks good Ruben, Nice Job!!! Who did the interior after all?

Hello Louie, Ken Leighton and Steve Nye in Santa Ana did the interior.
belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Restoration of 54 sunroof bug Reply with quote

Hello everyone, want to update on status of car since being completed. Found another gas tank and we are installing sending unit to be able to use the motometer gas gauge. Found a correct 54 fuel pump , as it was running a 55 one when motor was completed. Having it rebuilt along with redoing the carb as it was not up to standards. Having several items re rechromed as they were not to the quality as the rest of the chrome and finally installing a set of 51 california plates with 54 tag on them. Will post pics later.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: