Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mels dune buggy sketches
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quite a bit more than three months has gone by "Oh well" Time to post again.. By now one of you guys must have taken one of my designs an built a buggy by now.. Hope it's O.K. to keep posting these sketches..
CarbonUnit2015
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Mel, thanks very much, all the sketches are inspiring.

Already swapped a kit body and will look similar to your long wheel base sketches. Pretty close to your 2-15-91 second row sketch.

Planning to build a dune buggy version of the Sterling kit car on a standard Beetle type 1 IRS frame. The Sterling body kit will retain the original raked windshield piece but loose the pop top, will have a buggy soft top and roll bar. Thanks again, please keep the concepts coming.
mekeys wrote:
Some one asked if I has done any sketches for a stock wheelbase VW .So here are a few I found. I didn't do to many. My thinking was that there were a lot of dune buggies that could use a kit car style body.so I did more of them for dune buggies..
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Carbon .The sterling has been my all time favorite. Looking forward to seeing your dune buggy version..
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Mels dune buggy sketches

I have been trying to do these on a monthly basis..So far I'm not doing to good.. Some of the sketches in the past were not suited to well to be called a dune buggy, but these should be more suitable

[/img]
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Mels dune buggy sketches:

Another month has rolled by.. So here's a fresh batch of sketches. I hope you guys are getting inspiration from all of these.. if you see one you like go for it.. I was going to do one of these myself years ago. But I'm to old now..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

More sketches for another month, just a little bit later than usual. I hope you guys are getting a kick out of them. Don't worry I only have another few hundred or so to go..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Here are some more sketches for this month, I have been meaning to post some every month. So I see that I am way behind.

BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Mel!

slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

🥂🥂🥂🥂Happy Birthday Mel🎂🎂🎂🎂

Brad
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Here is another group of sketches.. for the month of February.. I had been trying to do this every month,,But I'm not keeping my schedule up too well..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

More for this month.. These would be for an 80 inch VW pan.. But the designs are for a kit car. My thought was that some of you would be tired of eating sand by now..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Another group of sketches for this month.. Some would be more suitable for a kit car. All of these are for an 80 inch wheelbase VW belly pan.. I live in SWLA so I wanted to create a design that would give full coverage..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

I can't believe how fast the time is passing me by...It's been a little over one month since the last post.. I was thinking as far back as 1991 that the world needed another dune bug design.. All together I did over 500 of these thumbnail sketches up until 2008.. So I think it's time to move on and let someone else take over..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

It's been a few months so I thought it time to add some more sketches. I don't get many comments ,But I see that there are a lot of views. So I thought it would be OK to post again...The sketches this month are more suitable for a kit car than a dune buggy....These sketches are for an 80 inch wheelbase.. Page 11-B-8

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

I'm not keeping up with posting these sketches too well.. But anyway here are some more for this month.. I included four without my ideas so you can try a few of your own.. They are drawn to the scale of 1/4 inch to a foot..
mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Another group of sketches for this month. only 26 days late.. These are for 80" wheelbase.. VW belly pan..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

This time the sketches are for a kit car based on a full size VW belly pan..

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Another group of sketches.. Theses are all for 80" w/b. As you can see I haven't posted in quite awhile.

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Here are some pics have been off of posting for awhile, but I am always checking other posts every day.

mekeys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mels dune buggy sketches Reply with quote

Some more for this month., I promise these will be the last ones this year.. These are for an 80 VW belly pan..More for a kit car than a dune buggy..
Mel Keys

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: