Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Moog Parts?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Moog Parts? Reply with quote

Ordered two Moog EV134 tie rods from an online parts vendor. What can I say, I had a coupon and Moog is Moog right? Well, should have known better. I got two Moog problem solver boxes, labeled EV134. Each box contained a tie rod wrapped in plastic with a sticker on it labeled EV134. However, the tie rods were clearly not the same: One was clearly a Moog, stamped as such on the tie rod. This one was black and beefy. The other was a generic, gray Chinese looking part with no label. This one was clearly inferior quality compared to the Moog stamped part. The funny thing is, if they had sent me two of the inferior quality parts, I wouldn't have known the difference and just would have assumed they were Moog. Well, at least I was able to extract another coupon from them, but I guess you don't necessarily get what you pay for after all these days. Buyer beware! Crying or Very sad Embarassed
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Moog Parts ? Reply with quote

May not have been entirely the vendors fault. There is a very common scam with auto parts where a (deceitful) customer purchases the same part from two vendors... one high quality (expensive) and one poor quality (cheap). When the customer receives both parts he places the cheap part into the expensive box and ships it back to the vendor for a return/refund. The vendor doesn't examine the part inside the box and places it back on the shelf. You order the same part and receive the cheap part in the expensive box. Evil or Very Mad
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Moog Parts ? Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
May not have been entirely the vendors fault. There is a very common scam with auto parts where a (deceitful) customer purchases the same part from two vendors... one high quality (expensive) and one poor quality (cheap). When the customer receives both parts he places the cheap part into the expensive box and ships it back to the vendor for a return/refund. The vendor doesn't examine the part inside the box and places it back on the shelf. You order the same part and receive the cheap part in the expensive box. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe, but both parts were in sealed plastic bags.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Moog Parts ? Reply with quote

It for sure pays to buy parts locally where can see what your buying.
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Moog Parts ? Reply with quote

I've had it a few years ago, the beefy one was made in Spain, the less beefy one was made in another country, say Turkey, very common for cheap auto parts...

They moved the plant or the production over for cheaper production. Exact same part number and box, same vendor.

Moog is surfing a quality wave that's been dying for a while now... What's good today won't be good in a year from now, bc produced somewhere else.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: