Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vinyl wrap
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Anyone use a wrap on their Thing? Or on part of it? just wondering if it would make any sense to jazz it up with carbon fiber look or color, or camo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deckard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

About three years ago I helped my neighbor do it to his 380Z, and I think it will be next to impossible on a Thing. The ribbed sheet metal, the air vents, and all the right angles in the fenders make it a very complex shape for the vinyl.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

I did my new Accord in clear to keep the stone chips down, the front end, front sides, and mirrors, LOVE IT, works well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Deckard wrote:
About three years ago I helped my neighbor do it to his 380Z, and I think it will be next to impossible on a Thing. The ribbed sheet metal, the air vents, and all the right angles in the fenders make it a very complex shape for the vinyl.

yes I wondered about that. Also I read a review and the guy said it showed every little imperfection. Might work for accent striping I think..
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Clear bra vs vinly wrapping a Thing are two different animals.

I could see doing the front and front bumpers and rear lower fenders to help against rock ding, but doing the whole Thing is a vinyl wrap would be very time consuming due to the ridges. It is hard enough to polish with the ridges on nearly every panel.
Rowens54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Check out this one on http://www.tsunamiwraps.com/. It looks pretty nice.
RENTEDCOW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, my daughter has asked about painting our thing. I said NO, I will let you design something and get it wrapped.
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinyl wrap Reply with quote

Rowens54 wrote:
Check out this one on http://www.tsunamiwraps.com/. It looks pretty nice.

looks great thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: