Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugoholics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: bugoholics
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 10, 2022
IP359
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect international deal !
Thanks and see you soon
Willhelm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great communication, very helpful, and part was shipped promptly. Purchased a used window regulator which exceeded expectation in cleanliness and quality. I would have no hesitation to purchase from this seller again.
stevenpetry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found Henry's add on here, and was lucky enough to live a few miles away. Walked in and immediately starting talking all things cars. Hell, took 15 minutes before we actually got to what it was that brought me there in the first place! lol Anyway, I was needing a 67 down hood. He had a decent pile of them, and right off the top was 63 or 64 in great shape.

So I got the hood for cheap and then started talking about a possible motor build. Definitely going back for a motor and anything else I need.
stevenpetry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd post a pic of said hood. Needs a little fitting, but nothing I can't handle.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to deal with,
Better than average communication,
Fair prices,
Fast shipping,
Hard to beat!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
HALS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to deal with , the parts were much better than he said they were.
I'll keep an eye on his adds in case i need anything in the future.

Thanks ... Hal
Oldie'59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in the states 2 weeks ago and found Bugaholics to be like 5 min away from our shop.
He put an engine together for me in 3 day coz I had to go back to Europe an I wanted to hear it run before I left! As smooth as silk!!
Good service an a lot of knowledge!

Today it arrived at the shop in Rotterdam so at the end of the week i'll be running it in my '59er!!

Henry, thanks a lot!!
mihammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Excellent work on a tough A/C install job Reply with quote

I brought my wife's 70 Ghia in to get the I.C.E. A/C kit installed. Henry and crew took it on and got it done even thought it required tweaks and fabrication work to install it contrary to the install guide saying it was only a dozen or so hours work. Ha! Most of the work was on the condensers and line routing. The A/C mounts in the engine compartment were excellent. The whole system works like a charm and driving at night in Houston summer almost froze my fingers Very Happy Thanks again Henry and crew. I'm a life customer!
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a cast iron 40hp distributor from Henry. It was excellent, exactly what I wanted. He packed it like it was an expensive, rare vase. Thanks Henry and Bugaholics!

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
javabug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good transaction on a Scat pulley. Really appreciate it, thanks!
RedBrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promised when posting my original feedback to update it but, since it was going to be negative I kept putting it off. Now it seems over due.
Bugoholics may be the place to buy parts but, little else.
The paint job looked good until it was scratched then there was white primer under it.
The spark plug insert was installed crooked.
The flywheel oil seal was torn when installed making a slow leak which I did not distinguish between an other oil leak which was worse.
See also: www.roadhaus(dot)com/shops_search_map.php?state_id=43
When Bugoholics was offered the opportunity to own up to the mistakes made - Bugoholics denied all responsibility.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugoholics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: In response to 'redbrick' suing me in DISTRICT COURT Reply with quote

Henry here from Bugoholics in Pasadena. Here's my side of this story:

Ralph, also known as 'Redbrick', had me rebuild his 1600cc engine approximately 4 months after another shop rebuilt it. I offered him a low price because he was very frustrated with all of the problems that he was having with his engine. I felt bad for him and now I'm paying for it. For $1,859.00, I rebuilt his engine with quality parts and he was happy. I even sand blasted, primered, and painted his engine tin and he was elated with the work I did. Just go look at his feedback from 2008. He was delighted that I helped him and was generous. I even gave a 6 month/ 6,000 mile warranty. About 3 months later, he e-mailed me saying that he had a pesky oil leak coming from #3 case saver. I did not install any case savers on his engine. The guy who rebuilt the engine before me installed them. After sending him an e-mail telling him to bring it back in, I didn't hear anything more from him until at least 4 years later when I was served papers notifying me that he was suing me in DISTRICT COURT in Harris county for a sum of more than $3,000.00. Here is what he sued me for:

1. I installed a "non-stock" gland nut (38mm) on his engine which was supposed to be a stock engine. He even sued for the price of his "torque meister" tool that he couldn't use because he didn't do his research before purchasing it. I even put the 38mm gland nut in the contract that he signed.

2. The spark plug insert was supposedly crooked. He took a picture of the plug insert out of the engine. He could have easily cross threaded it back in. He never complained about anything except it being crooked. No leaks of fuel, oil, or compression. Either way, he never told me about it. How am I supposed to fix something if I don't know about it?

3. Rear main seal: if you look at his pictures, you can tell that the "5 year old oil leak" is not coming from the rear main seal.

After almost 2 years of sending ridiculous court related letters back and forth, he requested to go to mediation. In mediation, he specifically told the mediator that he drove his van with the SAME ENGINE that I had built, more the 5 years prior, from Louisiana to Houston with no problems. In an attempt to get a thorn out of my side, I offered him $800.00. He turned it down and stormed out of the mediators office because he demanded $1,700.00 for his troubles. Approximately a month later, we had a scheduled docket call one week before trial was set. Ralph did not show up and the case was dismissed.

Never once, before the law suit, did he ever complain about anything except the oil leak from the case saver. I even told him to bring the van or engine to me so that I could fix it. What more was I supposed to do? He didn't even bring it back for his first complimentary valve setting, oil change, and inspection. He didn't tell me about the spark plug insert, the rear main seal, or the "non-stock" gland nut that was IN THE CONTRACT THAT HE SIGNED.

What my wife and I believe he was doing is, in my wife's words, "throwing spaghetti on the wall trying to get something to stick".

It's so hard to believe that someone would deliberately try to ruin someone's business after so much was done to try to please them. I am a business owner, but I am also a guy trying to provide for his family, like almost everyone else on here. I stand by my work and wish more people would stand by their word.

I'm thinking that he didn't show up to the docket call because he saw my evidence against him. Before I built this engine, he asked me to get some evidence against the other guy who rebuilt his engine. I should have known, not to work for the guy...

BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE OF THIS GUY. He's looking to get something for nothing.

It's not just a job, it's an addiction!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a nice set of OEM German pedal pads from these guys (very reasonable price, too). The pads were perfect, the shipping was fast. No issues.

I would definitely buy from them again.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
VWTECHEDITOR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Folks,

I was stuck for a part and found Henry's ad on a Friday morning. After several emails to work out details, he sent it out the same day USPS Priority.
It arrived here in Southern Maryland the following Monday.

It is good to find someone selling parts who does what the say they'll do.
A pleasure working with him.

Art LeBrun
vwtecheditor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raycer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Met Henry this past weekend. I am local so that is in my favor. Super nice/knowledgeable guy. He had the part I was looking for and saved about 20% off of any price I've seen on the net on that same part. My list of parts will go through him before I hit the Web. Thank you Henry!
FGT1958
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a couple of DVDA distributors from Henry on the off chance I could make 1 good one from the two. One had a bad vacuum canister and Henry thought the other can was good. It turned out that both cannisters were bad. Since I was taking a flyer at them and Henry cut me a deal on the price, I was happy with my purchase but in search of a good canister. Well, Henry saw my post that I was still looking and contacted me and offered me a good canister. He shipped it out without charge. A credit to TheSamba and a gentleman. Thank you Henry! I hope to do business with you in the future. Wish you were on the east coast!

Frank
c.davis419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another very satisfied customer here. Bought a NOS distributor advance plate with points for a great price. They were perfectly packaged and showed up today. Just finished installing it and couldnt be happier! Great seller!
'67Vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased part for my bay single cab, great original part, l would definitely purchase from again.
'67 Sedan (2)
'63 Rag Top
'62 Sedan
'70 Single Cab
'71 Bus
Iceref
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some parts from Henry. Good prices, fast shipping, good communication and great parts. Will deal with him and bugaholic crew again. Thanks
Dave Becker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugoholics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another very happy customer, Thanks

I bought a manifold from Henry, I am in Australia, he took the time to to get me a quote for international postage, the postage was 3 times the value of the item which is fairly normal from the US to Australia, but I needed the part.

I accepted the cost and paid with Pay Pal, next day I get a refund for some of the postage cost as Henry said it was cheaper than their original quote, not many people will do that. Very much appreciated. Thanks Henry. Very Happy
A feeling experienced by Volkswagen Drivers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: