Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Latest GT2 Project
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I do not think I posted about this . I have had it for a while. I picked up 2 "New" Bradley GT2 projects. First one was a rolling/running car from NH and the second was a body with all the glass, seats, etc.

Here is the first one...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And the second...

I have the chassis all painted and I have moved on to getting all the tins off the car so they can be blasted and repainted.

Got a bunch of new parts in the mail from Henry at Bugoholics in TX, and will be ordering some more to get it finished off.

Thats about where it stands
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

The GT2 is a great looking kit design. The proprietary windshield is a heartbreaker though. Looking forward to reading about your builds.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Popcorn

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

I have a few spares lol

BIGMIKEY wrote:
The GT2 is a great looking kit design. The proprietary windshield is a heartbreaker though. Looking forward to reading about your builds.

Mike T

jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

My GT2 build was one of the more enjoyable builds. Terrible headlight lift design and doors could use some help but overall its a pretty well engineered kit.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Surprisingly out of all the stuff I have owned this is my First GT2 . I just needed a project for my website and this one fit the bill.

jspbtown wrote:
My GT2 build was one of the more enjoyable builds. Terrible headlight lift design and doors could use some help but overall its a pretty well engineered kit.

kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Well the chassis and engine are finished! Well I still need to install the carb but its as done as its going to be .

kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Hopefully I will be able to get the brakes all sorted out this week and get the body wired up
unclebill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Looks like you are off and running with this one! You wiring from scratch, or getting a kit for that? That thing is ripe for an ICT or dual Kad setup...looks sweet with the alternator, nice job

B
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

I am going to use a rebel wire harness. Its the best one I have used. Not to mention I do not have the patience to wire from scratch.
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Popcorn

My son is close to driving age and wanted a Bradley GT2. We saw one on Craigslist but the windshield had a big crack in it. That was a deal breaker for us Sad

Anyway, I heard but not sure that the rear end can develop a sag in the fiberglass body due to lack of structural support. This may cause door fitment issues. Do you notice any of that in your Bradleys?
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, I heard but not sure that the rear end can develop a sag in the fiberglass body due to lack of structural support. This may cause door fitment issues. Do you notice any of that in your Bradleys?

Yup..very common in most, if not all GT2.

And just some advice...the Bradley GT2 would be a terrible car for a new driver.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

As it was said its common in just about all GT2s . And I agree that the GT2 is not a good first car . Its a toy. Get a honda for the kid lol

Joseph DR wrote:
Popcorn

My son is close to driving age and wanted a Bradley GT2. We saw one on Craigslist but the windshield had a big crack in it. That was a deal breaker for us Sad

Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest GT2 Project Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into getting him something else that he can wrench on.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: