Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's your age and occupation?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Nice thread revival.

Notchback is the ultimate recycler.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

Well, since my last posting ....my daughter is now 24yr Registered Nurse just like wifey. My son 22yr...1 more year of college.

I am almost home free. Feels like the third base now. I am just waiting for my time to do my run. Very Happy

Happy everyone is well. We should remember Russ Wolfe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
49. Senior Machinist, Plastics Fabricator for
Quote:
one of the country's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, that has always stood at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life.

Basically if any of the lab equipment breaks, we fix it. If it doesn't work the way they need it to, we modify it. If it doesn't exist, we made it.

Fish wrote:
52 and still doing the same thing at the same place (that I did on page 13) for the last 27 years, 5 months and about 15 days. Not that I'm counting or anything. Laughing

58, It's been a long road. Sept. 30th 2017 the road ends. Very Happy
Edit: That will be 33 years, 8 months and 14 days with this company.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by Fish on Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Fish wrote:
Quote:
one of the country's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, that has always stood at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life.

Basically if any of the lab equipment breaks, we fix it. If it doesn't work the way they need it to, we modify it. If it doesn't exist, we made it.

Fish wrote:
52 and still doing the same thing at the same place (that I did on page 13) for the last 27 years, 5 months and about 15 days. Not that I'm counting or anything. Laughing

So----where ya gonna work for the next 15 years until you retire? Confused
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

At home, on the house and backyard. Then travel. Very Happy

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Fish wrote:
Quote:

Fish wrote:

Good for you! I have been retired for 9 years and it has been great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
v_dub_ya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

47, pipeline corrosion technician, keeping our infrastructure safe Smile

Fly LOW and avoid the Radar...
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

36, service writer and occasional parts guy for a Great Dane trailer dealership and repair shop.
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

Hi. 61, dealer/independent VW mechanic for 15 years. Gov't fleet mechanic for 22 years, paralleled that with 21 years Calif NG. Finished up as a Federal Contractor (maintenance shop).
Nowadays- unemployable. Is Everett hiring?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

57yo. Currently a Construction Coordinator installing Automated Material Handling Systems at a well known computer chip manufacturer. Just look down at your lap top and spot that little blue label and you'll get the idea where. Shocked
ACVW hack in my spare time.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

52. Father , carpenter. Lay about . Recent (2 yr ) acvw enthusiast.
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

32. Visual effects compositor on feature films. Not very hands on with my cars but the family business is a VW specialty repair shop, so that helps.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

this year it seems Im a Carpenter/Gardner. Shocked and dad.(#6 is home for a month!!) and yesterday we got a new chicken.....well a refugee,so add farmer to that...rooster type of chicken with lotsa colors& kinda small too.
Mr. Electric Wizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

42, and still a software [database] guy, and still trying to finish my bus after 15 years of ownership. Very Happy

(T)exas (C)oalition (B)uses
(H)eidenhammer (B)ully (B)oyz

--1966 De Luxe Camper
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

60 42 years in the heavy equipment industry, 18 of it running Alaska's largest heavy engine rebuild shop (closed 2012) now I'm a nursemaid for my 89 year old mother... who would have known
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

37. work for government since i been 21 yo.
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

Graphic designer working in the printing industry.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:
37 Bindery supervisor at a pharmaceutical printing company.

Now 40 Wink and working at the same place going on 16 years Very Happy

46 in 6 days and still working at the same printing company, 22 years now. New supervisor position of 150 employees and my own office.Putting out $1.5 million a month in sales. Cant complain.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

42 years old

I write songs and perform live, have been for the last 22 years. I own a small production company and I license some of my stuff to bigger labels.

In the last 3 years I fortuitously stumbled into something completely different. My brother and I started a vape shop that rapidly turned into a 5 stores mini-chain. We also run a small E-juice production company. I'm only a shareholder, so I don't work there per se but it is funny to play "business owners" and "board meetings"... Using buzz words like "vertical integration" "workflow efficiency" and all that stuff as if we know what we are doing Laughing Laughing

I also spend way too much time on The Samba, reading about total strangers' ignition problems or displacement dillemas, thus dramatically delaying my response times to important e-mails and calls... I am a true professional Wink
jhbugmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: What's your age and occupation? Reply with quote

33. I work for a fitness equipment manufacturing company. I am a tool maker. I build weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and so on and so forth. Welder, machinist, fabricator, programmer and designer
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Page 60 of 68

Jump to: