Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What are these called and how do I remove them?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

That's a circled minus sign, just sand it off.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Any other takers? To clarify, I'm talking about removing the 'air control horns' shown in the photo.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

He means the picture is not visible.
All we see is a big minus sign.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Sorry about that. Google photos album link but it must have been set on private.

For your viewing pleasure...

Colorado Springs
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

If that's back by the motor it would be called heater control valves. The heat exchangers connect to this with flex hoses. Never removed one but I would GENTLY tap upward as it looks like it's a tapered fit to the lower piece UNLESS the rivets look like they are going through both pieces. I thought your first post was a test as I never seen the circled minus sign it a post before LOL.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Sorry for the poor description. These are located under the hood, just outboard of the hood hinges. There is a flapper valve which is controlled by cables running to the dash. I imagine they are for fresh air?

I've been staring at them like a monkey looking at a coconut, but can't seem to figure out how they are removed. There are rubber sleeves connected to them as well.
Colorado Springs
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Look behind the boot where the cable connects. There should be a tab with a single bolt holding it in place.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look.
Colorado Springs
68IHscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What are these called and how do I remove them? Reply with quote

Those have a nut on the outside in the wheel well,probably covered by undercoating,iirc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: