Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finally, a quick victory
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deafen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Finally, a quick victory Reply with quote

I'm in a long, drawn-out battle against overheating. I solved half of my hood latch problem and am calling that a draw. I replaced the ugly aftermarket oil filler with a used OE unit, and now the intake on my air filter is slowly dripping oil into the engine bay, blown up there from the downhill side of the filler after I changed my oil.

But this morning, I experienced a true, quick victory. My gas gauge has been reading normally down to about 3/4 tank, then dropping all the way to empty for the rest of the tank. Makes it hard to know when to fill up, ya know. So this morning I replaced the gas gauge sender, and lo and behold, my gas gauge works as intended!

Bonus, it took all of 12 minutes, including finding the part on my shelf, getting out the screwdriver, pulling the spare tire, R&Ring, replacing the spare tire, putting the screwdriver away, and throwing out the box it came in. In fact, I think it's taken longer to write this message than it took to fix!

It made me disproportionately happy. Look, I'll take the little victories where I can these days!
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Finally, a quick victory Reply with quote

Woo-hoo! Very Happy

every bit helps! LOL

Keep on man!

T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
hobie16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally, a quick victory Reply with quote

It's the little things that get you through the day.

If anything’s going to happen, it’s going to happen out there.
---Captain Ron
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Finally, a quick victory Reply with quote

What sender did you use?
deafen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally, a quick victory Reply with quote

Pretty sure it's this one. I know I bought it from CIP1, but it was a few years ago. This looks like the one I have, and the price sounds right for what I remember.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC-113-919-049-D
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: