Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Indicator stalk
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnnyunderpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Hi
I am searching unsuccessfully for another stalk for my bus. The column is from a 72/3 bus. Was wondering if anyone had a spare i could buy? I have included a pic
Cheers
Nick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Johnnyunderpants wrote:
I have included a pic.

Ya did? Then I've got tons of those things you're looking for... Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

'72 or '73? There's a difference… Got any pics larger than one pixel? Cool

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

From his gallery.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

I have a stash. post the number on the metal part.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Looks like you need the whole switch.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...order=DESC
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

^ there is not a single 73 switch for sale. Those things are (or were) really hard to come by
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639241&highlight=73+turn+signal
Johnnyunderpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for the replies. The number on the stalk is :211 953 509 H
Yes, i need the whole thing. When i bought the van 15 years ago, it had nothing in it, just a shell so i sourced everything from various other vans so im not fussed if the switch isnt the same serial number, as long as i can use it is great for me.

I dont have a larger pic at present but can do another one tonight.
Be much appreciated if you can help.
Thanks
Nick
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

If that is the one that plugged into your harness, that is the one you need. It is not a serial number, but a part number. I have not seen a thread on adapting a different year to year. there are different number of wires for different years. looks like you need the rare one. I will check my stash. are you sure it was not 211 953 509 H?
Johnnyunderpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Sorry. Missed the 9. Thankyou very much.
Johnnyunderpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

As long as it fits in my coloumn surround, im not fussed on the part number to be honest. My wiper switch ends in an A!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

you want a parts unit or a good used one? do you really just need the stalk? are your plastic pieces in yours still ok? they break.

1 and 2 in the pic could make one good one. the plastic internals on one is broken. I am not attached to these. the broken one still works, but for how long? no clue

three and four are good, and I don't even know what I would want for them, as they are a bit rare.
they are pictured by themselves as well.
the #5 pic with the whole assembly including the windshield wiper stalk is unfortunately broken as well (plastic) feel free tp PM me an offer on anything.
Johnnyunderpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

Hi.
Either of the last two on the bottom pic underneath the one pictured with surround attached are what i need. As long as the wires are attached thats great. I have the surround so it'll just be a matter of bolting it to my surround and wiring it up.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

pm sent. deal of the century
cckjc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

The Signal Switch on my 73 bay has some issue, the indicator stalk are not fixed at the center, it is very eailsy move up and down. May i know does any one here have the good conditions one for sale?

Thank you.
Kevinklg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
you want a parts unit or a good used one? do you really just need the stalk? are your plastic pieces in yours still ok? they break.

1 and 2 in the pic could make one good one. the plastic internals on one is broken. I am not attached to these. the broken one still works, but for how long? no clue

three and four are good, and I don't even know what I would want for them, as they are a bit rare.
they are pictured by themselves as well.
the #5 pic with the whole assembly including the windshield wiper stalk is unfortunately broken as well (plastic) feel free tp PM me an offer on anything.

Do you have any of these still available? I'm looking for part number 211-953-509-H. It is the metal part at the end of the signal stalk for an early 1974 Bus.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

NOS 72 - 74.5 indicator switches still available online:

http://www.aircooled-museum.com/achat-t2-72-74-turn-signal-switch-21738.html
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

$205! use that turn signal gently, 73 drivers! I guess if you need one, available NOS is nice. The problem is the plastic piece that breaks on these is still 44 years old
cckjc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Indicator stalk Reply with quote

It is Out of Stock......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: