Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'66 VW bug right side mirror stalk
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeinAtwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Hi, some years ago I noticed there was a long stalk for oval side mirror on a '66 bug. This long-neck stalk connected to the hinge pin, but placed the mirror in sight of the driver, which the standard one won't, being too short.
Anyone know of this elusive part?
It was advertised in a parts catalog, can't remember which.
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

I have this one on my '60. Works well.http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113857514B

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Errr. Wayne, I think you intended to post this mirror.
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113857514AR.
The one you posted is a round right side mirror.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Third try:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113857514AR
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

WTF Shocked The link I posted looks the same as yours Sharp. It was a direct copy and paste. Twisted Evil Hmmmm.
Thanks for the clear link. I'll just go back to my little corner and sulk a bit Embarassed
Sharp64 wrote:
Third try:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113857514AR

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

For some reason your link pulled a "." on the end making it not work. Figured I'd bust your stones. 😂
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
For some reason your link pulled a "." on the end making it not work. Figured I'd bust your stones. 😂

I deserved that after last weekends missed picture correction. Have any idea what I mean? Laughing

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

I deserved that after last weekends missed picture correction. Have any idea what I mean? Laughing

Yep. Wink
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Yes. Sorry about that.
This right side pear shaped mirror extends out further than the left side mirror. Some point out that this creates an unbalanced look but to me the functionality and safety that the extra mirror provides is a real plus.
MikeinAtwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

wayne1230cars wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:

Yes. Sorry about that.
This right side pear shaped mirror extends out further than the left side mirror. Some point out that this creates an unbalanced look but to me the functionality and safety that the extra mirror provides is a real plus.

Thanks, Sharp64 and others, this is the one. Agree with the 'unbalanced' look, but my younger wife has had difficulty with the obscure right hand mirror on 3 previous '66 bugs we've had! (all white, BTW...just seemed to find me!)
This helps greatly. The site is being good to me...
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Better unbalanced than banged up. I had the short round one on my passenger side and couldn't see crap out of it so I switched to the longer arm one. Does look unbalanced but it adds to the quirky charm of the car.
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: '66 VW bug right side mirror stalk Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Better unbalanced than banged up. I had the short round one on my passenger side and couldn't see crap out of it so I switched to the longer arm one. Does look unbalanced but it adds to the quirky charm of the car.

Well stated!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: