Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Ignition housings are compatible with a 71?
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrij
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: What Ignition housings are compatible with a 71? Reply with quote

I have a 71 Ghia & my ignition switch is busted. housing won't let go of the lock. & I'm not sure which one is the colprit, one of them is causing a short all across the wires. Would a 72 ignition housing work with a 71, I saw one in the classifieds? Any help would be appreciated & nice change in luck. (wouldn't want another fire... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
4ghias
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I year only 1971. Same with 1972.
Andrij
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just following up 1971 ~ 1974 are all interchangeable, & will try it whenever it comes in. Until then have fun wrenching.

Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
4ghias
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrij wrote:
Just following up 1971 ~ 1974 are all interchangeable, & will try it whenever it comes in. Until then have fun wrenching.

Cheers!

Hope your right but I don't think so:

VWC-111-905-865-F - IGNITION SWITCH - ELECRTICAL HALF ONLY - BEETLE 1971 / GHIA 1971 / BUS 71-74
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: switch Reply with quote

That is right 71 is one year only.I just did a 69 that some one had swpped out to a 71 switch!!!!! Ordered part but was different than one taken out.What a pain trying to figure that one out!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ozzie
Samba Cone Slayer

Location: Bluffton, S.C. Living in the duality; a Grateful Skynyrd thang.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shhhhhhhhhhh, remote start switch. It drives the thieves crazy.
jlanthripe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What Ignition housings are compatible with a 71? Reply with quote

Andrij, did you ever figure out if the housing from another year was compatible? I have a 71 and it is missing the housing. I have the tumbler and the white plastic disc that holds the wires.
jlanthripe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What Ignition housings are compatible with a 71? Reply with quote

jlanthripe wrote:
Andrij, did you ever figure out if the housing from another year was compatible? I have a 71 and it is missing the housing. I have the tumbler and the white plastic disc that holds the wires.

To clarify, I'm talking about the metal tube that holds the key tumbler and plastic wiring harness. Then that metal tube fits into the side of the steering column.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: