Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

I've been buying from KGPR / Airheads for the last 5 years. I love it when they have what I need as shipping is so quick and quality is generally very good. I recently bought an air intake (S-pipe) for my Bus that had a manufacturing fault. Jason responded very quickly to my email and shipped me a replacement with my next order without hesitating.

The only things I'd like to see are a) a category for parts manufactured by themselves on their site and b) their print catalogue to be online.
gatorjos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

Just got a shipment from Airhead Parts. I specifically bought a steering coupler from them because of the photo under the part description showing clearly an SGF OEM part. Instead they shipped a "premium quality" one just like the kind I already have in my garbage pile.

I wanted a refund without having to ship it back -- it's a $14 part, but they were not willing to do it. I can get a refund if I mail it back.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable/petty here, but I find this poor customer service. I've restored an entire Ghia with them, bought many bus parts, and spent $1000s over the last 16 years that I've been their customer, not that they have a clue since they lost their CRM system twice in that time. The new website is worse than the old one and super-annoying to navigate, so I'm afraid to say I think I'm done with Airheadparts...

Previous romances:
1972 Ghia cabriolet (full body-off restoration -- stolen after five years of ownership)
2004 Passat 1.8T (manual)

http://21stcenturyhobo.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

gatorjos wrote:
Just got a shipment from Airhead Parts. I specifically bought a steering coupler from them because of the photo under the part description showing clearly an SGF OEM part. Instead they shipped a "premium quality" one just like the kind I already have in my garbage pile.

I wanted a refund without having to ship it back -- it's a $14 part, but they were not willing to do it. I can get a refund if I mail it back.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable/petty here, but I find this poor customer service. I've restored an entire Ghia with them, bought many bus parts, and spent $1000s over the last 16 years that I've been their customer, not that they have a clue since they lost their CRM system twice in that time. The new website is worse than the old one and super-annoying to navigate, so I'm afraid to say I think I'm done with Airheadparts...

Consider yourself lucky at least you still have the shit part, I sent them parts back and all I wanted was credit for some other needed parts and they magically lost them after a employee said he saw my package, I go outta my way never to buy anything from them again after the way I was treated by Scott. They lost a lot of money from me and a customer for life.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

gatorjos,

Sorry about that, I'd be frustrated too. I went and had a look, and you're right-- we had the wrong image representing the RP part, and if I were you, I'd have assumed I was getting the SGF coupler as well.

I'm just back to work today after being on the road with the Treffen Cruise since July 15th, or this would have crossed my desk when you brought it to our attention. I definitely would have said to go ahead and keep it, and I would have gone one step further and asked if you'd have liked the $13.95 you had paid applied to the OE version, which I'd have offered to send out asap, as this was totally our fault. We do carry the SGF, under the same part number with "OE" added to the end: 211-415-417 OE.

The person who told you to send it back was doing their best to cover for me during Treffen. I wouldn't have been satisfied with the outcome either (in fact, I'm not). I totally get it.

I'm sad to hear that you may be over us, especially over something that could have been easily avoided on our end about 3 different ways. If there's something I can do to change your mind, please PM me, call me, email me, etc.

I've updated the photo to show the correct RP part, updated the description to indicate clearly that it's RP, and included a link to the OEM version of the part.

On another note, we have all customer data going back to the early 90's. Our previous website had some serious issues, but customer data loss wasn't one of them.

lonotch,

I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I'd certainly like to make things right with you as well. Scott isn't involved in the daily stuff here much anymore, leaving it up to Buck and I. From your description, it sounds like we may owe you credit still? Please PM me (or email, or post here, or call me at the shop-- whatever you're most comfortable with), and I will make it right.

--Andre T.
andre-at-karmannghia-dot-com
805-650-2045
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

Sorry but too little and way too late and this was years ago, I will still buy from other countries if I have to before I have to deal with your company, lesson learned from me with the transaction, it wasn’t like I was trying to get cash back for the parts just some credit for more and a lot more money wouldave changed hands afterwards, most of your parts can be had by many other suppliers anyways.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DesertG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

I recently tried Airhead parts and am sorry I did. I sent them a photo of exactly what I needed, paid for it. They sent me only a piece of an assembly. I emailed them about it and did not get resolution.
Rob Combs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

Just curious, are these guys still in business? Both email addresses I have (the one posted on the website, and the sales@ address sent with order confirmations) are undeliverable, and both phone numbers on the website go straight to "messages full". Have tried calling a few times, during business hours.

I placed an order on April 2, which was acknowledged but no shipping/tracking info, and 8 days and change are a bit of a long wait from Ventura to LA, even if we are considering it's being shipped USPS...
Rob Combs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Airheadparts - Airheadparts.com Reply with quote

Just checked their site again - they've recently updated it and it appears moving into a new place took longer than they anticipated. Orders start to ship in a couple of days. At least they're still around!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: