Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Name that Thing
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
guppysoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandfather to one of the kids in my daughters class saw my Safari and told me he used to have one as a company car. In the 70s and 80s he worked for a large agricultural bank. He used it to see clients on ranchos all over Mexico. He drove some crazy bad roads with it. Needless to say he loved it and wants mine. Laughing

I read that Mexican add as "Seriously fun"
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a few from vw adds

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

just a fast thing

notice the ft end where is the vw emblem

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AndyTalbot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Name that Thing Reply with quote

Does anybody have images of the full ITALIAN brochure for the 'Pescaccia' from around 1970 - 1972?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
landkholdings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Name that Thing Reply with quote

I typed the blurred Thing ad into google translate this morning as I waited in the tire store lobby, and I have a new response to, "what is that?"

"Ma'am, it's a car for people who have to overcome difficulties because they want to help others."

Google's translation:

"The new vw 181 is a venture in which you can benefit from the experience gained with more than 15 million volkswagens. Volkswagen, which have come 140 countries through thick and thin. Through hot desert, through jungle and stopping. And through the ice tray of the earth. With these experiences, we are now building the VW 181. A vehicle, which also gets through when others have to jack up. A car for people who have to overcome difficulties, because they want to help others. Like the men of humanitarian organizations, for example, you often can not choose the roads if your help is to come in time. With the VW 181 they are not dependent on asphalt. And whoever pursues his profession at places which are not always driven by the road, the VW is driving through the country and the mountains with tools."
guppysoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Name that Thing Reply with quote

landkholdings wrote:
I typed the blurred Thing ad into google translate this morning as I waited in the tire store lobby, and I have a new response to, "what is that?"

"Ma'am, it's a car for people who have to overcome difficulties because they want to help others."

Google's translation:

"The new vw 181 is a venture in which you can benefit from the experience gained with more than 15 million volkswagens. Volkswagen, which have come 140 countries through thick and thin. Through hot desert, through jungle and stopping. And through the ice tray of the earth. With these experiences, we are now building the VW 181. A vehicle, which also gets through when others have to jack up. A car for people who have to overcome difficulties, because they want to help others. Like the men of humanitarian organizations, for example, you often can not choose the roads if your help is to come in time. With the VW 181 they are not dependent on asphalt. And whoever pursues his profession at places which are not always driven by the road, the VW is driving through the country and the mountains with tools."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: