Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I am on it lol
Thanks
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Ok I think it would be best to hand write the entire vin on the sticker so size and color match for all vins would look better.

Will order tonight.

For debate:

Who has the expertise to create an actual registry?
As the stickers are issued we will be updating our master list with owner info.
Shall we use our samba ID with city and state?
Also how can we mark the updated WW and owners ? Can the color be changed on an updated line to show it has a decal and correct owner?

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Could you set up much like the project and builds sticky.
but instead of builds you would have wild westerner vins,with info pertaining to that bus.the owner could update it as changes happen,if ownership changes then the new owner could continue to up date the tread.
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
A smart man learns from his mistakes,a very smart man learns from other's mistakes.
VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey guys, really appriciate the comments and feedback on the interior color composition I chose, nice to get the stamp of approval.

Bill, really like the sticker and agree with everyone's input. I too think 3 stickers is a good idea so that they can be seen on the windows and one placed by the dataplate. Looking forward to displaying that sticker with great pride as we owners of these unique buses know how special they really are!

A few more photos to share. I made a mold from my bus for the contoured right rear side panel and a fiberglass part as no good quality panels were available and I wanted to finish off the custom look. After applying the vinyl I'm glad I took the time to make the mold. If anyone needs a good replacement let me know and I can make it.

So I'm closing in on the final stages, should have the interior all finished in about a week. I also fired up the new head unit in the dash and it sounds and looks great. I am really getting excited about the thought of taking it to its first outing and VW show and seeing and hearing the reactions of others.

More to follow, and again thanks to all for the kind words!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Excellent work on the rear trim panel!

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

VWRESTOMODMAN wrote:
A few more photos to share. I made a mold from my bus for the contoured right rear side panel and a fiberglass part as no good quality panels were available and I wanted to finish off the custom look. After applying the vinyl I'm glad I took the time to make the mold. If anyone needs a good replacement let me know and I can make it.

Oh, my yes, please!
You should share this with the larger Bay Window Bus community, too. I'm sure you would have a lot of interest!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

For Discussion :

Collie is currently working on a Registry and hats off to him for his time and effort to do this.

Our thoughts are as we certify the Buses that we make a changes on the master list to indicate these certifications.
Examples: Change font or color of text or ???

In addition as we certify these buses we should keep them listed numerically then state, city and samba owner ID

The reason is it would be really cool to know at a glance how many are in each state or country. Maybe pick a font color for those buses outside the U. S.

Also when you sell one please notify the masses it has been sold and provide the city and state where it be moved to, We can then either chance font or text color until the new owner contacts us to confirm its location and ownership. This will help us keep from losing track and maybe saving some from getting destroyed or forgotten .

It will be up to the individual owner as to how many stickers they wish to display however, it should be mandatory one sticker be applied in the same spot by the m,code plate and a photo of this to the forum for verification.

For those who wish to have some on windshields or rear glass lets try to have them all in the same spot if possible.

The floor is open for discussion.

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey Bill, I like your ideas for how to log and track the owners and their buses, all sounds good. I also think perhaps making sure the log is accurate is very important, that being said each owner should provide input for any corrections to the current log.

I know in my case the log is in error for how I aquired one of the two I have, the one I am currently restoring I found on Craigs List from a guy in Anaheim, the other from Interstate in Lake Elsinore. Anyway small details which I'm sure we can all work through as the log evolves.

So here are a few more photos from today, after 14 months in my shop it finally hit the road for its first shake down drive. Put 6 miles on it going to thr gas station and back. Needs alignment and carbs adjusted but it actually drove pretty good. Had a few people doing double takes at the gas station, they must have been thinking 'That is one bright green bus!

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Top Honors go to you Sir Cool

Volkswagen may want to buy that one for there Museum.

All of us have great pride in want you have done to help preserve an almost lost breed.

I have forwarded to Collie some updates and as soon as he post the list please take a look and correct any errors.

The stickers should arrive in a few days and I will begin dispersing them.

I will let you guys know when they arrive.

Thank You for Your Service !

Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
I have forwarded to Collie some updates and as soon as he post the list please take a look and correct any errors.

I am working on a special WW online project Cool

I have it 90% done, but I am not happy with it yet. I hate to launch a project to the public when I think it's clunky.....anyhooo

Bill....I never got an email from you....try again
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

PM didn't go thru.[i]

2232196569 California city unknown owner busted type 2
2232208985 Maryland Kingsville owner The Panel Van Mofia
2232210604 Mexico City for sale owner unknown
2232184762 California, Costa Mesa owner unknown
2232186729 California, Costa Mesa owner unknown

Collie please make these changes to the list and repost for review.

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

For this whole registry thing...

Maybe we could learn something from other car registries, of which i suspect there are many. For example, a friend of mine owns an Avanti, and those folks seem to know exactly where every one of those cars is.

anyway, the point is, there may already be tools and stuff for building such a thing.

Bill - what is the software that you used to make the sticker?

I was thinking of nabbing your image, then adding the VIN myself using some editing software, and then printing it on some durable sticker paper. Any objections? Would you be willing to lend the file?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Clarification:

I am as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to computers. When you asked me about Vector I did not and still do not know what that means however, if say RCA Victor I'm wid yah. I had a third party in Florida design the stickers so I will ask abt the file.

These stickers are going to be my gift to the Wild Westerners owners in order to receive to stickers you will be required to send me a picture of your m code plate and name and address. if you wish you can send to my cell 843-240-3981, or thru samba pm .

The reason is to make sure we are certifying actual WW"s and not copy cats, also we can verify true current owners for the master list.

I hope this does not offend anyone.

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Tue May 30, 2017 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
For this whole registry thing...

Maybe we could learn something from other car registries, of which i suspect there are many.

I am TOTALLY open to suggestions! I have googled a couple registries and they all look like they are hand coded in HTML.

If anyone knows of any web based "registry" software that I can install on my server then I am all ears....even if we have to buy it.

I would love for you all to be able to login \ add \ delete \ edit your own listings...save my eyeballs from VIN crossing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey Bill
Just sent my info over to you. It's hard work but soon will have all that white paint off her.

bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Glow worms first award

VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I'm really liking the glow worm, I think its very cool, can't wait to see it in all it's glory with all that ugly white paint removed. Keep.up the good work. Whenever I start to get a little overwhelmed I just keep saying to myself "The worst is over and it's all down hill from here". Now repeat after me, The worst is over and it's...........See, not so bad now is it!
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Thank you!
I know it will take a while but I am in no rush. Just love to camp in the Glow Worm and the fact that the wife loves the bus make owning the bus that much sweeter.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Wild Westerner Certification Decals have arrived Very Happy

I will post this page weekly showing who requested and shipped Decals.

Remember please send me a picture of your m-code plate and mailing address.

You call text me 1-843-240-3981
email [email protected]
or samba pm the info

As soon as possible post a picture of m-code and decal to verify ownership.

I will ship up to three decals per WW for Free Including Postage just because You all have helped save and inspired others save The Wild Westerners from extinction. This free offer is for all Wild Westerner Owners including America, Canada,Germany, Mexico. Netherlands, United Kingdom and wherever else they may appear. I cannot send without addresses Cool

2232195651***Germany, Augsburg*********vwwolfsburg
2232187622***California, Vista*************vwrestomodman
2232190382***North Carolina, Wake Forest----Robert Biekerstaffe---Born April-26-1973---Destination Eastern Reserve
2232196569***California, Fresno ***********bustedtypell
2232198605***Oregon, Happy Valley********Jim
2232203230***South Carolina, Georgetown***Seth Sullivan---Born May 14, 1973----Port of entry Portland, Oregon
2232204281***California, Stockton**********Rixesride
2232205855***Canada, Calgary Alberta******jmattso1
2232205972***Kansas, Manhatten**********Vwwestyman
2232206796***New Mexico, Los Alamos******jtauxe
2232207670***Mexico, San Miguel**********Tito
2232211417***California, Vista*************vwrestomodman

The above have requested and have been shipped Certification decals.

Also I want to announce another find.. Jim in Happy Valley Oregon, Inherited a Wild Westerner and will provide pictures.

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 9 times in total
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bustedtypell your certification decals are mailed I expect you will receive them by USPS snail mail by the weekend.
You may need to get a permanent and rewrite the serial numbers I did not realize I used the wrong pen until I sealed the envelop.

Does any other Wild Westerner owners want any certification decal they are free ? Just prove current ownership and mailing address. Many Wild Westerners have been sold since we started this forum and our master list is outdated.

If anyone has sent me there info other than bustedtypell then contact me
for I have had only one request.

Remember take your best friend for a ride in your Wild Westerner every chance you get.

Peace Out. Razz

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 114 of 169

Jump to: