Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

C brake upgrade
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: C brake upgrade Reply with quote

I've just bought a 64C and I'm shopping for parts to rebuild the original braking system. I'm curious to find out if most owners find the stock disc brake setup to be sufficient or whether they'd prefer a bit more stopping power.

I'm debating on whether I should rebuild original or upgrade the calipers and rotors to something bigger.

Thoughts?
64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: C brake upgrade Reply with quote

We redid the brakes on my '64C last year. I had to get the rear discs from Stoddard because of the e-brakes. I got the calipers rebuilt and the rotors sourced by Centric. The stock brakes in my opinion are plenty stout unless you plan on racing. Good luck.
ensys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: C brake upgrade Reply with quote

Another $.02 worth...

It is my experience that the stock disc set is more than adequate for street/hiway and coned parking lot work.

Besides, bigger brakes = more fitment problems, and the 356 has enough of those already.

S.J.Szabo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: