Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Meteli master cylinders
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience positive or negative with the Italian Meteli master cylinders being sold by Van Cafe and other?
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
Anyone have any experience positive or negative with the Italian Meteli master cylinders being sold by Van Cafe and other?

Good question > no answers...
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

The unspoken user review that I will assign to this product is that I've never known VanCafe to knowingly peddle junk.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

Van Café sells a 'budget' M/C for $60 and an FTE for $105 -- but the price difference is not so big when one considers that the FTE also includes a pair of ATE pressure switches ($20 x 2) and the gasket for the brake booster ($12.50).

I do not know if the budget version is the Italian flavor mentioned - but when I replaced mine I never considered anything but the FTE unit.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

I have been using one for over a year now (about 8k miles) and no probs yet. Instal was smooth, everythin lined up right and bled easily. Pedal pressure is great. Curious to see how long it lasts me. Only reason I went with it was they were out of the german brand at the time I bought it. Ill echo what Dave says that VC does not knowingly sell junk but does offer less expensive options when warranted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

Metelli has decent brake stuff. A lot of brake parts come from Italy Wink
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Meteli master cylinders Reply with quote

Thanks guys... anyone know the difference between ATE and FTE? I assume that BOTH are OEM and highly recommended for all brake parts including M/C?

Where I am FTE is not easily available. ATE and METELI are available but ATE is 3.5X more expensive.

I heard never to buy an M/C (or any part with a rubber seal) unless the part has a manufacture date on it. [appearantly VW 's shelf life for such a part is 2 years max., but your average supplier would disregard this practice these days]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: