Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor Mafia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
Will there be a press release for this event?

Gibbs public relations are being sorted as we speak, Johnny has more information on that. Per our sponsors Cunado Wear, Airmighty, and Hayburner tour merchandise will be available:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Link

Phil 4:13
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

UZI wrote:

Yes Sir. The press release is set to take place on Saturday, June 10th, during OCTO, at 10:00 am. Most likely we will go LIVE! As we can due to our sponsors.

The sponsors helping us out with this European tour, set for this summer, are highly respected outfits within the industry with heavy connections that go way back. Welcome on board Cuñado Wear, Hayburner and AirMighty.

Also, met up with the Marketing Director, Ronnie Jiménez, and finalized the art work for the t-shirts and other merchandise ..... as Maurice posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
UZI wrote:

Yes Sir. The press release is set to take place on Saturday, June 10th, during OCTO, at 10:00 am. Most likely we will go LIVE! As we can due to our sponsors.

The sponsors helping us out with this European tour, set for this summer, are highly respected outfits within the industry with heavy connections that go way back. Welcome on board Cuñado Wear, Hayburner and AirMighty.

Also, met up with the Marketing Director, Ronnie Jiménez, and finalized the art work for the t-shirts and other merchandise ..... as Maurice posted.

The Mountain Division will be attending this important press release.

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Big shout out to our sponsors Cunado Wear, Airmighty, and Hayburner for making this all possible. Everyone do yourself a favor and check out these fine companies that bring the freshest goods every time and get some.
A small batch of shirts are available this weekend at OCTO and Prado and if you're going to any of the shows listed, lets get together for a pint! Tour shirts also available at particular venues in Europe..stay tuned for updates.

j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Awesome!
How do I get tickets to the sold out events?

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
Awesome!
How do I get tickets to the sold out events?

JDot as a longtime affiliate we've already reserved some back stage passes for you. Having a monster bd truck like yours does have it's privileges. Hit me up if you need some swag though. Luckily our Cunado Wear manufacture sent us U.S. sizes including XXL and XXXL's so we've got our big boys covered (and connected!)
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Looking forward to the massive shenanigans. Four more days 'til I depart!!!!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Discuss amongst yourselves...
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

Looks fast... a long time ago someone told me a Porsche engine will bolt right up to those old Volkswagens! Wink

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUÑADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

I see your taking the scenic route home. Very Happy

Thanks for the new wallpaper!
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Delicious.

Lind wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zehbeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

Wonderful picture of a great looking panel. Especially with the logo of my hometown on it. And with the small Stuttgart escutcheon on the rear hatch (what is the right term for that, escutcheon or emblem or...?)
Davydomes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

zehbeh wrote:
And with the small Stuttgart escutcheon on the rear hatch (what is the right term for that, escutcheon or emblem or...?)

They are both correct. Either is good in my book. It is an emblem that could be considered a coat of arms.

"Mum, Dad ………. I'm Bay"

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Jean-Jaques Rousseau
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

zehbeh wrote:
Lind wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2101642.jpg

Wonderful picture of a great looking panel. Especially with the logo of my hometown on it. And with the small Stuttgart escutcheon on the rear hatch (what is the right term for that, escutcheon or emblem or...?)
Thanks. I am happy to represent your wonderful town on my bus. Many great things come out of Stuttgart and Zuffenhausen.

Emblem, or crest or sticker would be correct. Thanks for not calling it a Ferrari sticker. Wink
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

As the last person to post in this thread OVER THREE YEARS AGO!, I'm thrilled to see some bodacious Barndoor content here!

I'm so pissed that I missed out on the OCTO meet. Sounds like it was epic.
Your bus looks great, Lind. Drive that MoFo.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Is this the longest running thread on theSamba?
By running, I mean it gets ‘driven’ at least every 3 years.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Like I mentioned in my IG video posting ........ I was beyond shocked and super surprised when Beefcake and Lind-O-Calrisian rolled up to my drive way!!! Shocked Shocked It's not very often a 1950 Panel shows up at your crib Laughing

I have some pictures of your Bus Lind I'll put up in here.

j.pickens wrote:
As the last person to post in this thread OVER THREE YEARS AGO!, I'm thrilled to see some bodacious Barndoor content here!

I'm so pissed that I missed out on the OCTO meet. Sounds like it was epic.
Your bus looks great, Lind. Drive that MoFo.

Johnny Pickenez - you missed out BIG TIME!!! It was an EPIC OCTO!!! I'm going to make an effort and keep this thread going ..... do some more posting up in here. At least in here we really all know each other Wink

Stanagon wrote:
Is this the longest running thread on theSamba?
By running, I mean it gets ‘driven’ at least every 3 years.

Stan - I think it is you're right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Like I mentioned in my IG video posting ........ I was beyond shocked and super surprised when Beefcake and Lind-O-Calrisian rolled up to my drive way!!! Shocked Shocked It's not very often a 1950 Panel shows up at your crib Laughing

So all I had to do to bring this topic back to life was to drive an old bus a couple thousand miles?

Just wait to see how big things get before Hessich. It will be off the hook.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
Barndoor Mafia wrote:

So all I had to do to bring this topic back to life was to drive an old bus a couple thousand miles?

Just wait to see how big things get before Hessich. It will be off the hook.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Apparently so.

I hope all this plague thing cools off big time!! With all of this stay home stuff and no official events happening ......... the time leading towards HO21 will be INSANE!! It will keeping boiling until that weekend comes! Let's all keep our fingers crossed and if all goes well .... we'll all congregate at the greatest VW show on earth!!
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Here’s some interesting information pertaining to last month’s OCTO event, Straight from Erik Koplien.

The official count of 342 early buses by first raffle. Surpassing even our best June event. The vendors were up with 105 in attendance. The normal average at any event is between 50-60. Spectators were also up at 1800 per ticket count. 1200-1500 is average. We had some international visitors as well. However with travel restrictions being what they are, we didn’t have as many. These are all OCTO records for sure.

Any of you guy’s who were out there saw this first hand. Also got to witness folks flipping out on Lind-O-Calrisian’s 1950 Panel

This shot was taken by Shin Wantanabe – HOT VW’S Fame.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Page 864 of 865

Jump to: