Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Porsche 356 1500 Pre-A 1955 Convertible Price: 50000
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1996229
The original engine remains no other parts

So it's just an engine being sold as a car?
Don't you need some VIN #s at least and a title?

I was thinking the same thing.
Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Update.

I contacted the seller and this is a "complete" car, but in pieces. I received a file with photos, not sure why he didn't post some of the actual car in his ad though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
mr. warehouse wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Update.

I contacted the seller and this is a "complete" car, but in pieces. I received a file with photos, not sure why he didn't post some of the actual car in his ad though.

Yes, he updated the ad after I contacted him, although there are not any good photos of the vehicle.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002775
Advertised as "very good condition". Isn't that the description of a part that can be installed as is, with no apologies? The visible pits are so deep in places that filler will be needed just for decent paint. Chrome plating is another thing. Someone may want this wheel at the advertised $, but at least try to be honest, folks.Rolling Eyes
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I didn't see a whine thread in the 912/911/914 thread, so hopefully it's ok to put this here. I get that Porsche's have value, but I don't see this even being worth fixing, let alone being worth $26,500... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1983268
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yard art or you could fix it for about 200K and than have a car worth half that...
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think you can get a core gear box for a grand, figure $3k to have it rebuilt by a Porsche expert, drums and brakes maybe another grand...so why I need the world would anyone pay $10k for VW shop rebuild?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I've been shopping for a car for a while now. I have a reasonable budget but the exchange rate is brutal right now for Canadians so I thought I'd see what I could find north of the border. It's BRUTAL. I've never seen such junk at such ridiculous prices. Maybe I'm just cheap but this doesn't look like $50k to me. Non matching numbers C in boxes. Ughh.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

You couldn't come anywhere close to fixing this car for another $50K, maybe a $100K. You can find a very nice C driver in the $70K range. Unless it's a Pre A, Speedster or Roadster trying to fix one of these rust bombs is a big time loser. At today's prices I would not be in the game but prices are never going back to where they were 10 or even 5 years ago. They may move up and down a bit but it's generally up. The time to buy is always now. There are very decent driver B's going for what he's asking. It's a lot more fun to fix up while you drive...
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Envious wrote:
I've been shopping for a car for a while now. I have a reasonable budget but the exchange rate is brutal right now for Canadians so I thought I'd see what I could find north of the border. It's BRUTAL. I've never seen such junk at such ridiculous prices. Maybe I'm just cheap but this doesn't look like $50k to me. Non matching numbers C in boxes. Ughh.

Someone is asking 50 thou for THAT?? What, 50 thou rupees? That looks like it was part of an aquarium for some time. My numbers matching coupe with rust holes in the doors is "worth" $100K in this guy's universe. Surprised
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Complete Dashboard for $18,000 Cool
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2053403
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whine but long shot of the week.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2059107
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I didn't want to waste a whole new thread on this question, so I'll put it here...

The cigarette lighter "pod" surrounding the ashtray. Is it separate, removable? Is it unobtanium, or repopped by chance? What is it actually referred as? Thanks guys...

Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

It's a "C" only thing. A separate stamped piece that is welded on. Not an optional part. Every "C" has one.
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
It's a "C" only thing. A separate stamped piece that is welded on. Not an optional part. Every "C" has one.

Ok, thank you.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.rmsothebys.com/mo17/monterey/lots/1951-porsche-356-1500-coupe-by-reutter/1703948
$$$$$$$$$$ for Chassis #11111

dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot of moo la. I'd sell mine for 1/10th of that Very Happy
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Really?????
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2092867

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

They're practically giving them away. Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Probably would have been more before that huge chain squeezed it together. Smile

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: