Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seals for front turn signals
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Seals for front turn signals Reply with quote

There are two seals in each front turn signal between the lens and the metal housing that the two screws go through. Where can I get these-mine have fallen apart. There is a part number listed in the exploded diagram, but I could not find any while searching for that number.

Thanks
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Seals for front turn signals Reply with quote

I have never had luck finding these. Try rubber washers from a hardware store. I think the original ones were square.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Seals for front turn signals Reply with quote

Exactly-attached to the metal base are square nuts and the original seals were square so they fit tight on the nuts.

I figured you would know the best.

Thanks
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Seals for front turn signals Reply with quote

Found one original seal on my front turn signal and it is round just like the one in the parts manual. If you look closely at the housing around the square base you will see that the metal is newer looking in a 1/2" circle were the round washer use to be. In the parts manual you will notice that the washer is the same (19) as the earlier version of the turn signal. But the part number for the earlier version according to others like Wolfburgswest is 111 953 061 not 111 953 197. You may want to try the 111 953 061. It looks very similar to the one in the parts manual.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Seals for front turn signals Reply with quote

If you happen to be still looking for these seals, I made some up and can send you a couple if you like.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: