Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brunocerous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is my first post after purchasing a 1999 EuroVan MV. This weekend, I decided to start replacing all the fluids and filters, as well as the spark plugs in the VR6 AES engine. (Who puts an exhaust manifold IN FRONT of the spark plugs?!)

I watched a couple of videos on how to change spark plugs, and in my excitement, I neglected to photograph the engine before I removed the airflow tube and the attached hoses. Now, I can't recall where a hose connects.

It's the one that moves diagonally down from the top left corner in the first photo. It's underneath the air tube in the other two photos and the opening faces the camera.

I feel silly asking but if anyone knows, I hope someone here might be able to help.

Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Cheers,
Bruno
Brunocerous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

Also, yes, I know the heater core has been bypassed. It's on my to-do list. Very Happy
Brunocerous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

Here are better photos with the wayward hose circled.

DominicDRL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

That hose is routed under the intake pipe, across the engine to the back, and attaches to a T fitting underneath the blue sensor on the heater hose (that has been bypassed.) Very Happy
Brunocerous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

DominicDRL wrote:
That hose is routed under the intake pipe, across the engine to the back, and attaches to a T fitting underneath the blue sensor on the heater hose (that has been bypassed.) Very Happy

Thank you! Of course, now I want to restore the heater core properly. Smile
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1999 EuroVan MV spark plug replacement question Reply with quote

You should have a vacuum hose diagram of a sticker on the radiator crossbar I think
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: