Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New 1/18 Thing Die Cast
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

Just saw this in a new catalog I received in the mail yesterday. I have been collecting 1/24th die cast for many years. I sure wish they would make a 181 in 1/24th. I have never found one in all my searches. Looks nice a little on the high side, although I have paid more for some of the 1/24th cars I have. Just though I would give a heads up.
GB
https://fairfieldcollectibles.com/volkswagen-181-thing-1-18-scale-diecast-model-by-cult-models.html
Kubel 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

I bought this model and it is on the high side of pricing. But once I opened it and took it out of the box, I was happy I made the purchase. Plus the model I bought was yellow, just like my 74!
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

Interesting that the dash configuration is military,....sort of
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yup, military dash just like my '73 from Germany...interesting
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

The site says it was modeled after the German 181 and it has the German tail lights.
GB
Deckard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

Kubel 74 wrote:
I bought this model and it is on the high side of pricing. But once I opened it and took it out of the box, I was happy I made the purchase. Plus the model I bought was yellow, just like my 74!

How did you manage to get a yellow one? In the order form there's no choice for "color" and the sample pic is white
90runner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New 1/18 Thing Die Cast Reply with quote

Just ordered one to and yes the price is steep cheapest I could find was $154 shipped from Italy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: