Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

That is a big savings. Please post your reviews when you get them and install them.

It looks like a good product. I may have to place an order myself.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

KMann has been helpful to me on multiple occasions, and I mean no disrespect, but the Danish Guy has a product worth buying, I can wait a bit till I get a set. Cliff W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

All that being said, Andy (Killer Products Denmark) is a great guy and has great innovative stuff. (check out his bump stop stud repair kit...) I have been using/offering his kits for 10+ years. He is kind enough to sell be enough of his kits that it give me sufficient supply to use for personal projects and also allows me to offer his stuff local in the US first class priority shipping. I trust Andy (and friends like Mondshine, Domecks and others) in every sense of the word and I advise other to do the same. Kmann
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

kubelmann wrote:
I trust Andy (and friends like Mondshine, Domecks and others) in every sense of the word and I advise other to do the same. Kmann

Sold! Just placed my order. I hope you get a commission Kmann!
I've been thinking of doing some work on my top over the winter and these will be a part I need.
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Placed my order with K-Mann 20 minutes ago for 2 of the top kits and it is already packed and on its way. Talk about service. Now will have something to do this winter if it ever gets here and we don't burn down. Sure are having some bad fires here in the High Desert. Looks like cruise night will be off for tomorrow.
http://ktla.com/2016/08/17/blue-cut-fire-continues...rom-homes/
GB .
bigbussur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

I received my kit from Andy last week. Only took six days! great product and works perfectly
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Received mine today and they look great, will be installing them when the tops go up for winter.
GB
itiot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

What a difference. 6 and 30 days.

I have used the same postal service for 10 years.

Strange.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
EDragnDean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

itiot wrote:
What a difference. 6 and 30 days.

I have used the same postal service for 10 years.

Strange.

Still waiting from July 5th....
73 Thing http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8111202#8111202
70 BusClick to view image
itiot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

I shipped you a new kit. As I wrote to you in an mail a week ago...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

I got mine today, 10 days from order, thanks. Cliff W.
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

My non descript brown envelope from Duckshouse arrived today!! 11 days, including the weekend.... Not too shabby from Denmark! Very Happy

The bits look Very well made, and you just can't beat Stainless Steel!!

I'll share more when I take the time to install them...
Someone asked about doing it with the canvas in place... I'll try that route and see how it goes! (I don't foresee any issues with it, but will give it a go!)

Thank you Andy, for a quality product at a Very fare price!! Wink
I look forward to more of your phenomenal products in future! Very Happy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Got mine today, 10 days. They look good and will put them on when I put the Thing away for the winter.
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

just got mines Smile

instead of drilling old ones I used a dremel grind. Using a vice grip is a must.

very happy with the result!
zohami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Just ordered mine. Thanks for bumping this old thread.
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Just ordered a set as I am mid frame surgery, this is just what I will need post straightening, thank you!

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

I installed both kits and what difference. I can fold the top back and forward by myself. They look great and are very easy to install. I used a Dremel high speed cutting wheel to cut the ends off the rivets as the drilling just looked to hard. It worked perfect and did a very clean job. Both tops done and work perfect.
Thank, GB
zohami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Forgot to post when mine arrived last week from Denmark. Now to order a new tan top and refurbish the whole setup. Thanks!
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

Hmm, purchased on the 20th of June from Andy. Received PayPal receipt only. Emails go unanswered as well as phone calls, should I be concerned? I am simply trying to confirm order receipt and whether or not it ever shipped out.

sjhotz

Update! It appears I've missed one call from Denmark and another I could not hear, I'll take that as a good sign and keep my eyes on the mail!

-sjhotz

74 Thing
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Top frame rivets advertised here and on ebay Reply with quote

OK, 3 weeks & nothing. I see deliveries done in 6 days. I live in Los Angeles (not exactly the sticks or off the beaten path) is there a problem Andy? I have emailed and left you a PM.

I'd really like to get my top fixed before I roast alive in the LA sun.

-sjhotz

Update! Mystery solved.

I spoke to Andy and he is on a well deserved vacation!

My nuts ship out next week.

Apologies on the confusion.

-sjhotz

74 Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: