Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brakebest rear brake drums??
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Brakebest rear brake drums?? Reply with quote

O'reillys is only showing Brakebest drums for the rear of a Vanagon. Anyone have any opinions on these drums?
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakebest rear brake drums?? Reply with quote

I'd move on down the road to Bendixland.

O'Reillys isn't the only game in town.

Brakebest sounds real oriental, or Gangi like to me.

Try them, you might like them.
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Brakebest rear brake drums?? Reply with quote

Zimmerman
blackglasspirate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Brakebest rear brake drums?? Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
Zimmerman

Unfortunately, I don't have any info on the Brakebest brand, BUT I will say I ordered the Raybesto ones off RockAuto a couple of months ago and they turned out to be Zimmerman. Only $51 a pop.

I know that doesn't answer your question but just something to consider if price was the reason you were considering BrakeBest. Looks like O'Reilly has BrakeBest for $41, so it's only $10 more per side for the Raybesto/Zimmermans.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Brakebest rear brake drums?? Reply with quote

These could certainly be repackaged, I think I may just order a single drum and take a peek at it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: